Thread: Now the Troubles/Hassles Begin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Now the Troubles/Hassles Begin

As you guys know in the introductions forum I am new member of the forum and I ran into a glitch with titling and registering my Falcon. Seems the dealership has gone out of business and filed for bankruptcy. I have the car and all the paperwork less the title and license for the car.

I went to dealership today to find out when I could expect the title and license plates and I see that the place is locked up and closed. I look on the door and there is a notice to contact a Seattle area lawyer. So I make a phone call and I am immediately put into voice mail at the lawyers office. I then decided to call the salesman and he answers the phone and told me that the owner shut down and he was owed 2 weeks pay.

I then went to the county courthouse and went into the department of licensing and talked to the clerk and she gave me a name and phone number for a dealer investigator. I contacted him and he instructed me to send him a copy of all the paperwork I had including a copy of the report of sale, copy of the title application and all. He is going to start the process of getting me the title by way of out of business company.

Oh well at least I have procession of the car and getting it licensed will happen abet a lot more slowly now.
    1966 Ford Falcon 2 Door Base with Straight 6 and 3 on Tree

Does Anyone Know Where Sedro-Woolley is?

Well this is a update to the titling and licensing of my Falcon. I finally got into contact with the lawyer for the bankruptcy and since I have all legal proof of buying the car free and clear they are not going to challenge anything and will release any interest in the car since it was bought before the bankruptcy.

The state investigator has been notified to let the car be titled as a company out of business.
    1966 Ford Falcon 2 Door Base with Straight 6 and 3 on Tree

Does Anyone Know Where Sedro-Woolley is?

It's a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeske View Post
    ... I ran into a glitch with titling and registering my Falcon.
    Most people describe the mechanical problems that they are having with their Falcons.

You are the first guy that I have seen who writes posts about their legal problems.

Oh, well. You have it sorted out now. Whenever you hear someone complaining about a used car dealer, you can say "Listen to what one of those turkeys did to me!"

Car-salesman.jpg

A salesman asked me, "What are you looking for in a car?"
    I said, "It has to be affordable"
    He said, "I'm sorry sir, I've never heard of a Ford Ibble."
    Last edited by ew1usnr; January 31st, 2015 at 05:44 AM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Glad the road to legality seems to be smoothing out for you!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs