Thread: 4X4 Ranchero???

4X4 Ranchero???

Has anyone ever seen a 4 wheel drive Ranchero?? My friend told me he saw one and thinks I should make the Ratchero into one?? Sounds interesting but would I be shunned by the Falcon community for doing it???

I've seen 4x4 elcamino's and a 4x4 Dodge Caravan even a VW bug body mounted on a Chevy blazer frame. I've seen a Falcon Van mounted to a Ford Dually 4x4 frame, it was not pretty and I don't know how safe it was, seems like about 2 feet had been cut from the middle of the frame. You own the ranchero, I say do what you want with it.
    Darren
    1948 Chev Sedan Delivery
    2006 Honda Element(Wifes taxi)
    1990 Dodge Cummins PU (350,000 miles strong)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As long as I can go for a ride in it - I say go find a Ranger 4x4 cheap (they are out there) and do it. A Ratby4chero.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I think it will be worth a look. Maybe a Bronco II? I will need to measure some up for width and wheel base. Hmmm a Ratby4chero?? I like it.

Like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

You find pictures of the damdest stuff. Like that just not as tall. It will be weird enough without having to be 60 feet tall. But I like!!

You know, I never thought about doing something like this until now. These cars kinda have to grow on you anyways since they aren't your standard Mustang or Camaro anyways so why not, I think it would be cool. And you can pick up Bronco 2's cheap as well as a later Explorer. Possibilities..................................
    No matter where you go, there you are...

So it looks like I need to find a standard cab ranger, or 4 door explorer. Those have the closest wheelbase. About 1" difference. So I am looking for cheap or free. No sense in dumping a ton of money into my barn car at this point... Body can be trash all I need is the undercarriage. Let the fun begin!!!

Delivery?

You cant do bodywork and build rat4cheros at the same time.....lol hmmm FDD.
    Falcon deficet disorder
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Steve, this might be the easier route to a 4x4 Falcon. Everything should just bolt on.
    http://blog.cjponyparts.com/2011/12/...tang-with-4wd/

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs