Thread: Sad day for T-Bird

Unhappy Sad day for T-Bird

I hauled a load of scrap metal into Schnitzers today and they had a 65 T-Bird sitting there waiting to be flattened. It had a straight body and perfect front bumper and grill. What a waste. I almost asked them if they'd sell it to me but I already have to many projects and I'm just starting to get back on my wifes good side by getting rid of 30 years worth of scrap metal. She'd hang be by my ---- if I showed up with another car.

We can't save all of them!

Last I heard, NW Classic in Portland salvaged a few good parts but had to scrap a few dozen Falcons.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Yeah, when you watch a Mecum auction and see a car someone clearly spent a minimum of $50K to restore only selling for $13,500, you kind'a wonder whether we are all just a little loony to do this. Clearly it's not to make money.

But yeah, some things you just shake your head, hold your hat to you heart, and say a fond farewell to another piece of history. It'll come back as something else.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"