Thread: C4 tranny and extras

C4 tranny and extras

I posted on Craigslist my C4 Transmission and all the other goodies in case you want to see the ad. It may not sell for that much, but I have quite a bit more into than that. So I will try this for now. If anyone in the club is interested I will sell it for less. Larry
    Last edited by BadBird; February 27th, 2013 at 07:18 PM.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

C4 tranny and extras

Just an info. I was able to sell my C4 transmission and Lokar stuff on ebay. Got more for it there than I advertised it for on Craigslist. Now I have more than half the money I need to buy the T5 and equipment from Modern Drivelines. Can't wait to get that stuff ordered so I can make it to some shows again. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Nice job! I can't wait to see how the T5 goes. Let me know if you need help with the install.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

C4 tranny and extras

Thanks a bunch Pat. It will take me awhile to get the rest of the money together, so not sure when this is going to occur. Hopefully soon. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

C4 tranny and extras

Well, I sold the C4 tranny on ebay and now have enough money to send off for my T5 and all the other goodies to get that started. I am looking for the clutch/brake pedal assembly in case someone has one around the garage. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

C4 tranny and extras

Well, I ordered the T5 transmission from Modern Drivelines. A couple of issues with it though. They wouldn't sell me the rebuilt tranny because of my horsepower so I bought the new T5Z instead. That cost more than I wanted to spend but??? I am still going to have to find a couple of other things like the shift lever, shift ball, boot, the clutch pedal etc. It should be here in about two weeks. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

updates to my car

My new T5 transmission, and all of it's associated goodies is supposed to arrive here on Tuesday. Thanks to Roger, I now have the clutch pedal assembly. Still not sure I understand how the clutch, spring setup works yet. Guess I will find out. I have the support installed but will wait till I get the new clutch cable and other parts here to see how they attach and fit to the pedal. I will send pics when I get started.

Also, I am starting to fabricate a fiberglas panel that will go between my grill and the crossmember in front of the radiator. I know it sounds funky but here are a couple of preliminary pics of what I am attempting. IF it works out. If not, it will go into the junk yard of my mind where a lot of my thoughts end up.

The first pic is of plastic and aluminum foil on the car to keep fiberglas resin off of everything. The 2nd is the fleece pulled tight across the parts, and the 3rd is with one coat of resin applied.

I now have several coats with fiberglas resin with matting applied and have it started to be sanded. More pics to come later.

Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Larry,

I think someone took your valve covers.

As always, it looks amazing. Will you be at the meeting Wednesday.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

C4 tranny and extras

I took the valve covers off to remove the transmission. If I leave the covers on I can't tilt the engine back far enough to remove/install the tranny's. It hits the hose fittings on the passenger side.
    So with I took both sides off and my neighbor came over and checked the settings on my lifters. They were actually a little tight so he dropped them back 1/2 turn. They will make noise like before, but they are correctly set.
    I will be at the meeting unless something goes wrong. I have to bring Jeff his tranny support and Roger the brake pedal assy.
    Just wish I had the new tranny in it so I could drive it down.. Maybe next time. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Looking very good Larry. I assume you did get the pedal assembly built with the bearings, etc? All the parts we there and it made sense? Wasn't sure whether the comment you had made above "Still not sure I understand how the clutch, spring setup works yet" had to do with the stuff you were still awaiting or with this assembly.

Love your idea on the fiberglass cover. I think you'll get it figured out.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"