Thread: Rear Quarter Panel Replacement

63vert Guest

Rear Quarter Panel Replacement

At some point in this project I need to replace both of my rear quarter panels (see images below).

Sheet Metal-
    From Auto Krafters I suspect I would need to order:
    Lower rear quarter panel patch #382-51 (L&R) at $119.95 each.
    Quarter panel repair panel #QPFS32 (L&R) at $79.95 each.
    From Dearborn Classics it looks like I would need to order
    Quarter panel rear section BP1022 at $129.95 each.
    Quarter panel front section BP1021 at $109.95 each.
    **It doesn’t look like either offer a complete solution for my needs, as I have rust around the tire opening and forward towards the door.
    Can people kindly share their preference (Auto Krafters vs. Dearborn Classics) with regard to sheet metal?
    Or do people know another route to go with regard to rear quarter panel replacement?

Body Work-
    I have not been able to visit ElhotMetal Fabrication, but I know that may be one option. Now that the car is running, I am hoping to get by there soon. I did stop by Werner’s Crash Shop here in Queen Anne. They felt that each side would take 12 hours (unless they found some surprises once they ripped into the job). They charge $48 / hour. Any opinions on how their rate stacks up against other shops?
    **I am not in a hurry, but would like to stay local (greater Seattle area) if possible.

Pat are you going to be around this weekend working on your car? If so, I may try and swing by tomorrow (Sunday)….
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm working on the car this weekend. Primer goes on tomorrow. Call before dropping by to be sure I'me here. 206-818-7281
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

try these guys.... shipping to us seems to be a no brainer for these guys, but really hard (for some dumb reason) to ship to me in canada... you can only get sections( front and rear section), no complete 1/4 unless to find NOS or cut one from a parts car.

http://www.blackcar-llc.com/ford.htm

heres there front section rear quarter

rear section

theres even a center section if thats what you need.

i had there email back of the measurements of each panel but they pissed me off so i deleted it. i even phoned about shippiing to me but they really hesitated,,,,
    good luck.

quartepanel replacement

[quote=63vert;1106]At some point in this project I need to replace both of my rear quarter panels (see images below).

Sheet Metal-
    From Auto Krafters I suspect I would need to order:
    Lower rear quarter panel patch #382-51 (L&R) at $119.95 each.
    Quarter panel repair panel #QPFS32 (L&R) at $79.95 each.
    From Dearborn Classics it looks like I would need to order
    Quarter panel rear section BP1022 at $129.95 each.
    Quarter panel front section BP1021 at $109.95 each.

I bought the front and rear many years ago from a different vender. I can dig up the name if you need it. The part numbers are the same, but back then I got more metal to the panel so you could make two halves into a whole. The problem with the panels is there is no lower rolled bottom that flanges into the body. You need to salvage yours.

The panels were made almost 1/8 bigger to "go over" the existing panel for a "quick fix" If you dont have the right equiptment to do some fabricating, then you might swing by and talk to elliot or some one with his knowledge first.

I had to do some creative fabricating to use them as a complete unit. Would have been easyier if I had Elliots knowledge and experiance. Al
    63 1/2 Sprint

Elliot did both of mine and fabricated the lower channel that Al is speaking of from new steel. Figure that if the panel needs replacing due to rust then that part will be rusty too.

My panels seemed oversized at the rear like Al's were. They needed some hammer work to get that fitting properly. The welding job is good enough that nobody will be able to tell even when looking inside the trunk.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI