Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > Classified > Parts Wanted

Old 09-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Active Forum User

Rear spring/shock plates

Does anyone have or know anyone who has a set of rear spring plates for a 60-63 (possibly more) rear spring plates? These are the plates on the bottom of the spring pack that the U bolts go through to hold the axle on as well as where the lower shock mount is. I in my younger (and dumber) days took mine off when I put in the 9" and am now trying to get those parts back so I can do something a little different to the rear.
Any help would be great.
Thanks.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Active Forum User

Never mind, I found some.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Glad to see you found something. What are you planning on doing that's a little different?

Kenny Likins
Ballard, Seattle, WA
www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)
Old 11-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Active Forum User

The plan is to put it in the weeds... Actually I am planning on lowering mine about 4" in the back and 3" in the front. Right now it sits high due to the springs I put in the front and the shackles in the rear. I am trying to make a low cruiser out of it but when I was young and dumb, I modified my rear suspension and put in a 9" and made new lower plates for the springs. I must have thrown them away or they are still somewhere in my parents garage. I am planning on putting some sort of air spring in it so I can haul stuff in the back without blowing out the suspension. I sold my F350 and am driving my Bronco so I have no truck bed per say. It might be an all winter project but if things go right, by spring I am hoping to have it up and running.. I will post progress pics when I get the project underway.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Senior Forum User

Why do you need/want to change the plates? When I put lowering blocks in my former '63 Comet, for some reason, and I don't remember because it was 10 years ago, the stock plates did not work and I had to use an extra set of '64-5 Falcon or Mustang plates I had. Please keep us updated on your project!
Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch
Old 11-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Active Forum User

When I put in the 9" I had to make new plates for the lower since the 9" already had different style mounting gussets on it. I also thought that I could make new upper mounts and change the angles of the shocks to provide more stability and better ride. I did get better handling out of it but it was still pretty soft. Now I want to go back to the stock shock locations but I must have thrown away or left my old plates at my parents house (which is 625 miles south of me) and I cannot just pop in to search for them... I did find a set from a 64-66 Mustang that are going to work great.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Senior Forum User

How did you change the upper mounts? I know they're pretty weak, but with the crossmember where it is changing the location would be a pretty extensive job.
Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch
Old 11-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Active Forum User

canopy for Ranchero

Don't know if you/d be interested in a canopy for Ranchero. I've had it laying around for a few years. It's in great shape I'll make you a killer deal. 425-481-1502 or cell 206-999-4263 Dave
Old 11-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Active Forum User

I built some upper mounts and tied them to the main upper mounts but had them facing the rear of the car. So far no damage to the body but I can forsee damage if I really use it to haul things. Now I am going back to the stock locations.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Active Forum User

"Don't know if you/d be interested in a canopy for Ranchero. I've had it laying around for a few years. It's in great shape I'll make you a killer deal. 425-481-1502 or cell 206-999-4263 Dave"
Do you have pictures??? What year is it from?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Active Forum User

canopy

I don't have any pics right now but you'r welcomr ot come take a look at it. It'l fit a 60' to 63' for sure and I think it'l fit a 64' and 65'. Also I have a rust free tailgate for a 60'to 63' if you know anybody looking for one. Give me a call. I talk way faster than I can type. Dave
Old 11-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Active Forum User

I wish I were closer, unfortunately I am in Southern Oregon and wouldnt be able to just drop by. If there is any way you can email me some pictures, I would gladly take a look at it, i always thought it would be kinda neat if I could find a canopy for a Ranchero but never found any. I may be interested in the tailgate as well.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Active Forum User

falcon canopy and tailgate

I'll try to get pics this weekend and get them to you in a few days. Send me your e-mail address so I can send them to you direct.