Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Falcons on film/tv

I was checking out the cable menu and saw "The Lottery Changed My Life" on TLC. I wouldn't normally have watched it but I did for some reason. There was a guy who won $62.8 million in a lottery and took a 25.8 million dollar lump sum payout. He is an auto mechanic named Phillip and one car he was showing off was a `65 Sprint they said was valued at $21,000.

Nice to see a multimillionaire with good taste in cars!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I watched the first few minutes of desert heat last night on USA aand there was a 63 futura parked under a tree that was in sorry shape..

then i went to bed it appeared to be a lame movie

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Watched Taking Woodstock. A Falcon is featured throughout the film.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Don't forget ocean 11 and 12 brad pit drives a 63 convertible that gets blown up in ocean 12.

The bruce lee movie has his wife driving a 61 four door station wagon.

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Overhauling

Theres a show on the discovery channel called overhauling and they have an episode where they totally redo a 63 falcon. Its something worth checking out and im watching it right now.
    1964 Futura: 4-Door Sedan (Bench)
    Paint Color: Wimbledon White
    Engine:170 six(101hp)
    Build Plant: Kansas City, Ks
    DSO: Hawaii
    Build Date:Jul 17, 1964

That is still probably the only episode of Overhaulin' I haven't seen. I ought to search for that episode and see if I can record it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

There's a movie from the late '80s or early '90s Called "Summer School" with Mark Harmon. He drives a '64 or '64 convertible and I think it gets quite a bit of screen time. A fairly bland movie if I remember right - I haven't seen it in years.

YouTube Falcon

You've all probably watched this before, but I enjoy it every now and then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkozQCsQIKI

89 year Comet owner

My cousin sent me this link the other day. It is awesome!
    Talk about a car lover! Hope this is the right thread for it.

http://growingbolder.com/media/technology/vehicles/romancing-the-road-259598.html
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Two great video's.

Would love a Falcon that fast... and that tight. Loved watching the shots where you could see the cars in the rear view mirror getting dropped.

I've seen that lady on TV as well as uTube before. Great story. "Oh, here's my lifetime warranty on my shock absorbers.. and I'm on my third free set." That's great stuff. No doubt it costs an arm and leg to keep that stock AC unit charged... but somehow... I bet it works. I didn't know they made a 4-door Caliente though (sp?). I had a buddy in High School with a hardtop and I've seen two other hardtops, but this is the first 4-door. I just searched and they are far more rare than 2 door versions.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Temple Grandin

We just watched an HBO movie about Temple Grandin, an autistic scientist who revolutionized progressive livestock production, and also the understanding of autism. It practically FEATURED Ford Falcons. It takes place in the mid-to-late 1960's, and in the movie Temple's mother drives a beautiful '63 station wagon. There were a couple of other scenes where you can get a glimpse of a round-body Ranchero and another sedan.
    Makes me wonder if the producer, or someone in the crew, is a card-carrying FCA member!
    It was a really good movie, too!
    Last edited by MacDee; May 24th, 2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Improved grammar.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Burgerville 1968

I guess this is sort of a Falcon on film?! This popped up on Facebook. Salem, OR.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

1961 Falcon on Fast n' Loud

The "Gas Monkeys" on the TV show "Fast n' Loud" bought a Deluxe 1961 two-door sedan with bench seats and a 144 motor with only 8500 miles on it for $5000. They had it delivered from out of state for $1300. They got it to start and flipped it for $8000, unrestored.

They gave the car a nice discussion and said that it was a favorite of Robert MacNamara and the Father of the Mustang. They described it as sporty, as Ford's first compact, and a favorite of hot rodders.

It was a pleasant surprise to see a little Falcon being spoken of so positively on a car collector's show. Look at all the positive comments people posted about it: https://www.facebook.com/GasMonkeyGa...21018224588182

This is odd. They sold it on the TV show, for $8000, and I see it on this e-bay post as having sold for $9,300. Maybe the buyer on the show welched on his deal.
    See: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-Ford-Falcon-Time-Capsule-8242-Original-Miles-Offered-by-Gas-Monkey-Garage-/290985039028?viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AEF%3A MOTORS%3A1123&forcerRptr=true&item=290985039028&nm a=true&si=%252F0sYmCbrHwUkpytuIATX8Ll8ndM%253D&ori g_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

"... This 1961 Falcon takes you back to time when having a set of wheels meant having the freedom to hit the open road and explore all that this great Country has to offer!"

Yea! I'm ready to go!

Also see: http://www.gasmonkeygarage.com/the-show/
    Last edited by ew1usnr; November 30th, 2013 at 04:44 AM.

I saw that episode too. I thought the $8000 was reaching to the high side but it with only 8,200 miles it wasn't not totally out of line for a garaged, one-owner. And it still had the "little old lady" plastic seat covers over the original upholstery since it was new! Also it was a tudor, mostly original paint, radio delete, and I really like that trim package. I think that's the only year it was available.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

I record this show and saw it. In fact Kenny asked about cam break-in on John's thread and the just dealt with a bad cam break-in on a Mustang Shelby.

But yeah, this Falcon was seen on the rack on the episode a week earlier and I was hoping they did a real build on it - but was just a flip.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"