Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Falcons on film/tv

Was watching the movie "that thing you do" and it was a parade of falcons. I think I watched it just for the cars!!
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Flinging money to wind with wild abandon.

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Was watching the movie "that thing you do" and it was a parade of falcons. I think I watched it just for the cars!!
    I looked up a description on Amazon. I like music-centered movies and ordered a VHS copy for one cent (plus $3.99 s/h): "Tom Hanks's debut as a writer and director is a lively, affectionate account of the shooting-star career of a forgotten (fictional) '60s pop-rock band called The Wonders--as in "one-hit wonders." Hanks plays the manager of the group. The movie traces their meteoric rise and fall, from cutting their first record, to going on tour with a Phil Spector/Motown-type revue, to the internal tensions that lead to the band's disintegration, which comes when they fail to follow up their smash hit single, "That Thing You Do!" And that song, by the way, is so catchy it would definitely have been a hit in 1964--and deserves to be one today. This delightful movie would make a great double-bill with Allison Anders's wonderful Grace of My Heart. --Jim Emerson

Grace of My Heart was described as "An homage to the Brill Building era (the late 1950s to the early 1970s) of pop-music glory. Illeana Douglas plays a singer-songwriter (loosely modeled after Brill recording artist Carole King) whose life runs emotionally parallel to popular music trends. John Turturro is a stand-in for "wall of sound" producer Phil Spector and Matt Dillon is a thinly disguised version of maverick Beach Boy Brian Wilson. It's a lively and loving tribute to timeless music and the colorful characters who created it. --Jeff Shannon"

That sounded good also, so I ordered a 50-cent VHS copy.

As a point of trivia, producer Phil Spector was convicted of murder about a year ago. He said that a woman committed suicide in his house but a jury said that he shot her.
    Last edited by ew1usnr; January 12th, 2014 at 05:48 AM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Hey, I HAVE that movie on DVD! The downtown scenes in the early minutes were shot, as it turns out, in my home town: Orange, CA.
    I'll need to watch it again... and stay alert for Falcons!
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Upside Down

Saw this movie during the holiday break and it had a square-body Falcon as one of the cars being used by the "police" (those doing the job of policing, anyway). Very bizarre movie about two worlds looking above and below each other. Very good movie though, in an odd sort of way.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1374992/
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I saw that one but zoned out on the car hmmm. Guess il have to watch that one again.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Rods N' Wheels Episode: "Falcon Flip"

Rods N' Wheels Episode: "Falcon Flip", Season 1, Episode 5, on Discovery Channel

"Episode Synopsis: A 1959 Volkswagen Beetle and a 1963 Falcon Spirit are featured. Original Air Date: Feb 24, 2014"

(The description that I cut and pasted said "Falcon Spirit")

They completely built a Falcon from an empty shell and said that it was a Sprint. They went on and on and on about how finding parts for the Falcon was a huge, nearly nearly impossible task.
    Last edited by ew1usnr; February 25th, 2014 at 05:19 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

I watched that last night and thought to myself " what a bunch of dumbasses" I hate when shows do this to cars. I'm into early Broncos as well and TV has driven the prices of those so high your average Joe Schmo can't afford one.
    I hope it doesn't do the same to all these old cars, it's making our hobby into a non- affordable hobby.
    Hopefully most of that was staged for TV. I like the shows just some dumbass stuff being done.

Plus 302 dual quad engine, aluminum radiator, etc,etc. and they called it STOCK!!!
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

63 Falcon race car on Fast and Loud

Saw a preview for this Monday's episode of Fast and Loud that Aaron gets a 63 Falcon race car. Should be interesting, but I doubt he'll mount the emblem upside down.

Also, for those interested, Overhaulin' begins a new season on the 23rd of March. Always interesting to see what gets done there. As long as they don't start cursing and bleeping every 30 words, it's still a show I enjoy.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Fast and Loud 63 Falcon build.... Cool
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

It was actually a pretty good episode. Was apparently a pretty famous car (though I didn't recognize the builder) and they did a pretty decent build on it. Wasn't liking so much the big light-bar in the front, but I suppose it serves its purpose. Not sure if people can watch this stuff on-line or not, but might be worth checking.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"