Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

Well, I hope it all works out for you. Having the driveline shot at on two angles is not going to be a good thing.

What my original post and point was - is that the differing axle lengths center the pinion in the tunnel. I could not see how the pinion could be centered with two equal-length axles. The pinion yoke is off-center to the pumpkin because it rides on the side of the ring gear, which is usually more centered than the pinion is.

I guess you could shift the motor over to compensate.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

It has me scratching my head a bit. Ive talked with a bunch of Falcon guys running them with no issues, but I agree too many angles is not a good thing.
    even with equal length tubes the center on the pinion has got to be offset by at least 3-4" I would imagine.
    Me thinks some more measuring is in order.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    ...the center on the pinion has got to be offset by at least 3-4" I would imagine....
    That's what I would have thought as well, but was surprised with the 1/2" off-set measurement you mentioned before.

I've not measure 'left leaf-center to tunnel <-> tunnel to right leaf center' before, but if they are equal, then the center of the pinion should land there too. Compound angles on a u-joint setup to your steering box might be acceptable, but not on a driveline where even a couple degrees of difference between pinion angle and transmission can set off a nasty vibration. Add a center off-set to that? Ooh. Ugh.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Well I went to a couple of shows this week. One was a casual get together in Port Gamble. Had about 40 cars there but I was the only Falcon.
    Also attended the Sequim Irrigation show. Set up a booth for the powder coat shop and entered the delivery in the show. There was just over 200 cars at this one and at the end of the day I was the only falcon again however I did place first in the wagon class so chalk up another win for the delivery and Falcons.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Yer car's still looking great, Steve. Congrats on another trophy.
    What's the status /progress of your rear-end swap?

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Well after much more measuring and fitting and starring, it will work perfect. I'm going to install it this winter since show season is here. I've seen the same work on another falcon and it's amazing how perfect the 8.8 fits after you shorten that one side and so simple. I'll document it when I do it and I might do a four bar coil over set up as well.
    I was pleased at the show because I beat out 3 Nomads, one woody, and a 59 Chevy sedan delivery that the guy has over 100k in. So
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Well here is my latest accomplishment. At first I thought he was kidding but there it is. My first magazine feature albeit online. But that's cool. He did just miss my Rainier club plate on the front.
    Click the link and scroll down to the street feature.
    www.streetmusclemag.com
    Last edited by doghows; July 19th, 2016 at 08:41 PM.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

"Magazine Steve"

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Well here is my latest accomplishment. My first magazine feature albeit online. But that's cool.
    Congratulations, Steve!

Cool! It is hard to believe that there were only 113 1963 sedan deliveries manufactured. I did not know that they were as rare as that.

Dennis.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

They made 113 of the body code 78B and about 850 of the body code 78A. Main difference is just the extra chrome all around.

And thank you I went to a small show on Sunday and this guy asked if he could do a feature on my car. I was right ok what ever. He called me today at work and said it was up online now and if they get enough comments on it there is a possibility of it going to a print magazine. He said they work with Hot Rod and a couple others like that so who knows. I was surprised it actually went this far.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Nice article and totally deserved. Not many would have tackled such a big project and it turned out amazing. If not for you that would be a 2014 Kia by now...

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Yup! Nicely done article and well deserved. It was (is) great watching it happen, too.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    Not many would have tackled such a big project... If not for you that would be a 2014 Kia by now...
    Hey - and Hey! I resemble both those remarks!

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"