Thread: RainierFalcons.com wishlist

RainierFalcons.com wishlist

Hey All,

I'd like to get some feedback on what you like or dislike about this website. I would also like to know what features you would like to see. I, for one, would like to have a photo gallery and a nice collection of technical articles.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Pat,

It would be nice to have a "Stay logged in unless I log out" feature. I was working on a post a week or so ago and was detailing some work I was doing and it took a little while to finish (I didn't count the minutes, but it was a few) and when I posted it said I needed to log-in and I lost the post. P155ED me off, so I never reposted the thing. Had put too much work into it. Why do we have a time-out anyway? I can see it on a banking site, but here? If this can be altered, I'd vote for that change.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

There is a checkbox seen during login named "Remember Me". Check that box and you won't have trouble. If by chance you still do, check the cookie settings.
    Patrick Brown

I changed the session timeout from 15 minutes (the default) to 60 minutes for those that don't want to use the Remember Me option.
    Patrick Brown

Thumbs up

Patrick,

I knew about the "remember me" feature, but I thought that only had to do with initial log-ins. We have the same feature, but we don't use time-outs on my forum, so I never set it to see if it had that effect. 60-minute time-out would have been enough for me on the one post I lost though, so thanks for that.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hi Patrick,

How about a "help needed" section for those who have projects on thier car they need help with? I know that can be covered in the tech section or events, but it's just a thought.

As for posting tech articles, I loaned Roger some old early 60's Road and Tracks with road tests and tech articles on early Falcons and Comets. I don't know if those could be scanned and posted here or not (as far as copywrights are concerned). I have another issue about the rally falcons - not the same one I've seen other places.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Hi Pat, The Forum is 104 times better than the email chain. It is so easy to use the search function to find something that I "kind or remember" reading.

Now that we have a checking account it would be great to have a Pay Pal link to pay our pending Dues. Maybe the Falcon Club of America can take our lead and set-up an online pay. I have to keep my checkbook around just to pay my for FCA dues.

Tech articles woudl be great or at least links to other chapters tech articles. A one stop shop would really cut down on the search time.

Thanks for all you and Kenny due maintaining this site.

Jeff

We will be adding a PayPal payment system soon. I'll work with the prez and treasurer to get this going .

I like the tech articles idea. I'd love to see some of the more common projects documented.

Big Stuff:
    Ford-O to C4 Swap
    Disk Brakes
    Engine Rebuild

Small Stuff:
    Ignition Tuning and Fundamentals
    Wide-Band O-2 carburetor tuning
    Car Show Detailing
    Dual Circuit Brake Master Swap
    Vacuum to Electric Wipers
    Electric Ignition Installation (Pertronic Ignitor and Duraspark II)
    Mechanical Brake Light Switch
    Patrick Brown

Pat, the "Recent Threads" on the front page is a great idea. Nice work.

I agree. It makes it really easy to see if there's something new since the last time I visited.

I think it also emphasizes to new visitors that there's a forum where people chat.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)