Thread: Futura is a trim level isn't it?

rshearer Guest

Futura is a trim level isn't it?

Hi,
    I am in the process of replacing the interior in a recently purchased 1966 Falcon Futura. I ordered and received new carpet for a 1966 Falcon, but I noticed on the supplier's web site that they have another carpet selection with a different stock number for a 1966 Futura. I thought Futura was a trim level for the Falcon. Any idea why there would be two different carpets sold for this car?

Thanks,
    Richard.

I wouldn't think there was different carpet but the only thing that comes to mind is maybe bench vs. buckets or column vs. floor shift. Or maybe "Futura" embroidered somewhere?? I don't know too much about the `66 and don't see anything in the books I have.

Give the vendor a call and see what they say. And let us know. I'm curious.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

rshearer Guest
    The distributor says the two carpet molds are identical, they just listed them on their web site in as two different cars for some reason. As it turns out though, I have to return the carpet anyway as I ordered the mass backing option and they sent it without. Should have the correct one on Wednesday of next week.

Thanks for the input,
    Richard.