Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Motor coming out

It's ready to go in once I get the intake manifold on. can and will put headers on later, trans is at kelly's for rebuild and it will go later...jh

The install crew was here and the motor in back in. thanks to roger & gene. the crew has gone to feed the junk yard dogs, and I hope they return in one piece..jh
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well today I turned the key today and she started right up and runs good, a few odds and ends and on to the road we go. now I can rest...jh

That's good news. Rebuild start ups always make me nervous! I forget how much you did. Was it a 2K rpm for 20 minutes break in?

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    That's good news. Rebuild start ups always make me nervous! I forget how much you did. Was it a 2K rpm for 20 minutes break in?
    That's not required on roller cam motors.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

It runs really good and if it didn't make my eyes big before it sure does now, I had 327's with the other brand and they run, so a car that weighs about 800 lb. lighter it's just great...off to the track in the spring. maybe we should have a tech day at pacific raceways...jh

Man - I always get left behind. I'm still dealing with water leaks. Thermostat housing has to come off - again. Must be a casting flaw or something. At least now it's not 17 degress out there.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"