Thread: Carb adapter

Carb adapter

Het met a nice guy over here today and he asked me a few questions, and is looking for some parts. Apparently he has a Holly one barrel car on his falcon but it's missing the adapter to out it on the manifold. Isn't it the same on all the cars?? He said he would send me a picture and or bring it by the shop but he is knee deep into the rebuilding of his car. I think he said 62 two door? All original and he want to bring it back to life stock. I told him about the club and the mini coming up so hopefully a new west coats member in the making.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Is that the spacer with the coolant connections?
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Here's one I just sold on eBay. You can get one for about $15-20. I think there may be different versions with different sized carb openings depending on the year. But it's aluminum so it should be fairly easy to mill and or do some porting.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Yup that looks like the critter. What differs it from the one with the auto lite carbs? I'm guessing bolt spacing for the car studs?
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

There were different sizes depending on 144/170/200 and some didn't have the vacuum feed "termite trail" to get vacuum up into the choke so the choke could "suck" hot air off the manifold (Kenny's pic didn't have this provision, so it was for manual choke). So, you need to get a measurement. I have a couple you powder coated, and I've not listed them on Ebay, but was planning to.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; May 22nd, 2014 at 03:46 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"