Thread: Maltby car show

Maltby car show

The MCA Maltby Hot Rods and Hogs show is next weekend. Saturday June 17th. It is my favorite show of the year. They have live music, food, trophies and the last few years they had a dyno. Won't be doing the dyno this year. Haven't changed my rocker studs on my heads yet. Hope we can get a bunch of our club to this one. Larry

https://www.facebook.com/events/613552655508231/
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I've pre-registered the Ranchero, and I won't be wanting to dyno anything either.

Here's a non-facebook link to the registration page:

http://www.planetreg.com/E528163147261

Larry, Hope you can get your car running and can make it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

This was a really fun show today. Larry and I hung out as he fielded dozens of questions about his car. My Ranchero was two rows away, so if anyone looked at it I wasn't there to see it. Actually, I saw one person looking at it.

Larry won "Best Chrome" award... and best Ford was won by a wagon right behind him; a Parklane wagon of I think '56. This is not the car (my phone camera glitched), but same color and all. It was pristine!

parklane.jpg

Then, of course, what should have been Best of Show, but somehow didn't make the cut.

maltby1.jpg

Best of show looked like this:

zephyr.jpg

I know others have done this show before, but it was packed and I think is "the show" we should work to attend as a club... and knock those Mustangs out of the lead for most cars from a club all 11 years this show has existed!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Maltby car show

It was a great show. I voted for the 56 Ford wagon for peoples choice. The restoration of that car was beautiful.
    I really hope our club will garner enough cars to knock off the mustang club. They had 11 cars. Surely we can beat that?? Hope so.
    I did win a plaque for best chrome so all good news? Alas.....not completely. Driving the car home and within a mile from my house there were loud noises coming from the rear end of my car. Only when turning, but if you have read my other posts about the problems I went through with rear end issues, you know I am worried.
    Didn't tear into the car today as it is fathers day. And me being a father, grandfather and great grandfather should get one day to not have to fight the car.
    It was, except for the last mile a fun day. Lots of looky loos' and very nice people.
    Roger and I talked to a lot of people about our club and it's values. See some of you at the next show, if I get the noise figured out.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    I really hope our club will garner enough cars to knock off the mustang club. They had 11 cars. Surely we can beat that?? Hope so.
    Sorry to hear about the rear end. Hope it all works out and is nothing serious.

I've decided this is my last year coaching due to my low back deterioration. So, hopefully, next year I can make it to Maltby for the show. Would be fun to do it as a club event.

I'm relegated to Kittitas (Aug 12) and Quincy (Sept 9) again this year thanks to the softball schedule. At least Kittitas has the burnout competition after the show - that's always entertaining.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8