Thread: 62 or 63 Falcon backup light lenses

62 or 63 Falcon backup light lenses

Looking to buy a pair of lenses for backup lights for a 62 or 63 Falcon.I think both years will work.Thanks.....Loren

Are these in the trunk body panel or the center of the tail light lens?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hi Roger. These are on the tailgate of my 63 wagon. Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that, but I thought all the independent backup lights were the same, except for the small centers in the taillight lens. Thanks.....Loren

I did a little looking and it doesn't appear they are reproduced, which is odd. Lots of cars out there. Not sure if you're on any of the facebook groups, but seems when anyone needs something I see the same request show on multiple groups - and inevitably somebody pops up with what is needed. Our group doesn't have that far a reach. If you're not on any of these groups, I'd be happy to make a plea for you. I'm posting on 6 of them at the moment, so - easy for me to do.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hi. Thanks Roger. I also did some looking around and AutoKrafters does have them, but they are $50 US a pair.I am in Canada so when you factor in exchange, duty, shipping and brokerage fees, it gets very expensive for two lenses. I was hoping someone had a good used pair that they would sell cheaper. It would be great if you could use your resources to help with my search. I am also looking for a nice set of door sills/scuff plates for a 63, 64. or 65 4 door sedan (I think they are all the same?). I have been looking and I don't think these are being reproduced. I am semi restoring a 1963 4 door wagon and it is a shame to redo the car and have sub-par scuff plates, dented trim, etc. on a new paint job and new interior. Thanks for your help. It is appreciated.....Loren

Hi Roger.I have tracked down a set of scuff plates but unfortunately the shipping costs just don't make sense to buy them. I have resigned myself to the fact I will just have to use the ones I have until I can get down in the USA to a swap meet, or meet up with someone who has a good set...Maybe someone here in Canada will come through........still looking for backup light lenses though...Thanks....Loren

I'll put out some feelers and see what happens. Canada shipping might always be an issue, cost wise. We can't even cross the border at the moment. What city/province are you in?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"