Thread: Vin number location 63 Econoline pickup

Vin number location 63 Econoline pickup

Where is the Vin number location 63 Econoline pickup. The plate on the door says it is a Warranty plate and not to use the number for a vin number.
    Olgraybeard

Interesting, the one on my driver side door is the VIN plate. All the numbers match my title and so forth. I would assume that your is the same?

The shop manual I have says that it changed from a Vin plate to a warranty plate in 1963 and that the VIN numbers are stamped in various location on the body with a asterisk before and after the number. My warranty plate on the door says that it is not to be used as ID or VIN. As far as my paper work all I have is a Junk Vehicle Verification sign by a Monroe Police Officer and notarized in 1999, a bill of sale in 1996 and three bills of sales sense 1999. All of them reference the Warranty number. I don't know the last time it was registered. So does any one know where the VIN numbers are stamped on 63's and later. I hope they match the warranty plate number and it doesn't end up being a big hassle.
    Last edited by olgraybeard; October 9th, 2012 at 06:53 PM.
    Olgraybeard

My 1965 shop manual (for Econoline van) says: "The official serial number, for title and registration purposes, is stamped on the right rear quarterbody reinforcement gusset near the spare wheel retaining bracket.".

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

I'll take a look tomorrow, thanks
    Olgraybeard

Very interesting I wonder if mine has the stampings?? Guess I will look too.

Found VIN/Serial Number on rear right quarter panel brace beside the spare tire carrier and it is the same as the warranty number.
    Olgraybeard

Sweet, tag her and drive her!!!

It's getting there hoping to get tags next week if monsoons/snow/wind storms don't interfere
    Olgraybeard