Thread: Hello from New Member

Hello from New Member

Hello,
    New member and new Ranchero (at least to me)
    I also have very little experience with posting on message boards so if I hose this up, go easy on me.

My new ride is a 62 Ranchero that I bought from a friend of mine in N. California. He had been working on it for a few years but it had sat idle in his garage for quite some time and other projects were taking all of his time. I bought it from him in March and after installing a new battery and tinkering with the carb, I fired it up and drove it straight to Kent.

It is basically stock with a few upgrades. Original 170 and three speed were traded out for a 200 with a 250 head and the threespeed was replaced with a 5 speed from an 80s Ranger. I have since taken the tiny little Autolite off and replaced it with a Carter YFA which has made a huge difference in drivability.

Outside it received a fresh coat of paint and 14" rims with Ford dogdish hubcaps and whitewalls.

I drive the truck a lot and really enjoy it, however, it still needs some work and I am hoping to be able to pick brains over some of the upgrades I have in mind.

Here is a picture of the Ranchero in Oregon whie on its way home to Washington.

All the best and hope to meet some of you soon.

Terence Rucker, Kent WA.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello from New Member

Welcome Terence and that is a nice looking Ranchero. Notice that we are having a meeting next Wednesday and if possible for you to come so we can meet you and drive the Falcon also if you can. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Thanks for the invite

I'll try and make it! You had me at Burgermaster!
    Terence

Terence,

Good to see another Ranchero saved. Gene (Smithkid) and I have done a few mods on our Ranchero's you might like to do as well (3-point belts, bed panel sealing, etc.), but sounds like you have a great truck already. Love the picture and location.

Come to the meeting if you can. I'm probably not going to be able to bring mine this time, but you can see its entire build (for tips on yours) here under the show off your ride section. Pretty long thread, but it has been through a lot of change since I got it.

Welcome!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"