Thread: Whats New And Do Not Say Snow!!!!

63NHALF Guest

Whats New And Do Not Say Snow!!!!

No more snow please.I like snow but here in Spokane we have had over sixty inches so far. Twenty two inches in my yard now. Thats all about snow for now. Whats is everybody doing? I know I'm new to your site but maybe every one could chime in and say a little bit. It would make the site a little more fun to get to know each other. I know I'm ready to start working on my 63.It will be soon and we can drive our falcons. Any word yet on the show at Dearborn? Has anyone put a T5 in there round bodys? I was was thinking that would be great for the 3.50 gears. I have done the change in the mustangs and it was easy. Just woundering if the shifter comes out in the factory hole. Any help would be great. Well I hope we can keep this thread going and strike up some new ones. Take care ALL.....

See ya..................

My 62 has been waiting for some time for me to get back to it. It is in 2K primer and ready to paint. I just need some better weather.

A T5 will fit the roundbody. There are two schools of thought of this. The common T5 will fit the Falcon but the shifter will come through the floor where a structural crossmember resides. You can cut that out and do some fabrication to retain the strength.

The other method is this. Find a standard T5. Then find a T5 from an early Chevy S10 truck. The S10 T5 is weak but you can remove the tailhousing and related parts and swap them onto the other stronger T5 and that will put the shifter real close to the stock location and you won't have to cut the crossmember.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

63NHALF Guest
    Thanks The T5 would be great. Have you done this set up already? And what year S-10? I do not want to cut anything, I realy have trouble cutting and drilling holes if I do not have to. I want to keep our Sprint as stock looking as I can. And the things I change I want them to be put back to stock without any problems. I will check this out. Is any T5 from a mustang okto use with the S-10 tail shaft? Thanks

I haven't done this. I'm sticking with my C4 for now.

Here are a couple of websites that may help.
    http://www.darkhorseperformance.com/default.aspx
    http://www.moderndriveline.com/

Modern Driveline can sell you the S10 tailshaft T5 ready to go or they have a complete kit.

Darkhorse Performance is a local company (Maple Valley) that sells a lot of Tremec trannies and accessories.

Also keep in mind that the T5 places the shifter in the center while the stock 4 speed is on the left side. There will be some cutting to allow the shifter to protrude in the center.
    Patrick Brown

63NHALF Guest
    Hey thanks I will check this out.You think there is a way to have the shifter come out in the stock spot?????????. Something to think about.
    Thanks again

You may be able to offset the shifter mount. An angle grinder and a MIG welder should do the trick.
    Patrick Brown

63NHALF Guest
    I put in a call to modern driveline today. As soon as I get a call back I will post what they said. About the T5 swap.....

63NHALF Guest
    I talked to Bruce at modern driveline.He said there is noway to make it work without cutting some of the hump. He said he has tried Bruce seems to be a real nice guy to deal with.Oh well time to rethink things...

Bruce is an awesome guy. A true gearhead like the rest of us.

My plan is mate a t-5 to the back of the 170ci in either of my falcons when ever the 2.77 geared trannys blow up..

I'm thinking the ranchero will get the 250 I6 with a T-5 when I'm done building the engine.. long rodded the 250 I-6 and modified the cylinder head to accept 3 two barrel carbs... should have the wow factor when I'm done..

Nathan