Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November 18th, 2015 - Upcoming elections

Exclamation November 18th, 2015 - Upcoming elections

As discussed in the last weeks meeting, the November 18th Meeting will have elections for all four officer positions.

Two asks of the Rainier Chapter members:

1) Please make every attempt to attend this important meeting (Wednesday, November 18th). As a paid chapter member your vote counts and will help shape your club into what you want it to be.

2) Consider throwing your hat in the ring for any of the positions. It is fun, rewarding and not a huge time commitment.

Below are position descriptions copied from our Bylaws:

4.5 Duties of Elected and Appointed Officers are:

4.5.1 President
    4.5.1.1 Overall management and administration of the Chapter.
    4.5.1.2 Improvement of the Chapter through increased publicity, activities and status.
    4.5.1.3 Coordination of the Chapter functions with other clubs as required.
    4.5.1.4 Promotes FCA and Chapter social activities.
    4.5.1.5 Chairs Officers meetings and Chapter Business meetings.
    4.5.1.6 Prepares meeting agendas.
    4.5.1.7 Writes "President's Message" column for chapter newsletter.

4.5.2 Vice President
    4.5.2.1 Is an alternate for the President in the President’s absence.
    4.5.2.2 Assists in implementing Chapter policy.
    4.5.2.3 Chairs special committees.

4.5.3 Secretary
    4.5.3.1 Reports minutes of meetings to the general membership via Chapter newsletter.
    4.5.3.2 Handles Chapter correspondence.
    4.5.3.3 Maintains Chapter files.
    4.5.3.4 Maintains a current Chapter roster and keeps a record of past membership.

4.5.4 Treasurer
    4.5.4.1 Accounts for Chapter finances and dues
    4.5.4.2 Reports to the membership via Chapter newsletter.
    4.5.4.3 Disburses approved funds for authorized Chapter purchases/expenses..
    4.5.4.4 The Treasurer and one other Chapter officer authorized to sign checks.

If you are interested in any of these positions, and still unclear on the expectations, feel free to reach out to the current officer for more details. If elected, the current officer will be very helpful to make the transition smooth and easy.

Treasurer

I would he happy to continue on as Treasurer. You can consider my hat in the ring for this position.

That said, if there is anyone else interested in this role, I would be happy to vote for them and help bring them up to speed.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Thanks Jeff for posting this!

Shoot - according to this I should have been doing more than I was!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Funny..... I never heard talk of a recall!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I am ticking this thread. We are only a couple weeks away from our meeting. I hope there is some interest in these positions.

If you are uncertain about any of the duties, please reach out to one of the current officers or ask here.

November 18th, 2015 -

I again feel guilty of not supporting this club enough. I would like to throw my hat in the ring, but since I am out of the state for too many months and since my health has impacted my time, I would not feel worthy of the membership. Not meaning that I would get elected, just wish I was contributing more.

That being said, I would very much like to see the leadership stay on, just as it is. The club has done very well over the last few years. I understand some of our leaders have been overburdened and that is also an effect of some of us not contributing more or enough.

Whatever the outcome, you the leaders, have done an amazing job. I am sure that others feel the same way.

Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Meeting this Wednesday - Elections!

Roger, I will bring your Red Wheel/Tire

Don, are you coming up? If so I can bring my connector collection, I likely have several of the bullet connectors you need.

See you all soon -

jw

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA

I'm in town and will be there, Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    I'm in town and will be there, Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
    I hope some potential officers will be there too

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA

I will be in attendance for moral support.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

November 18th, 2015 -

Just finished watching "V" for Vendetta. "Remember Remember the 5th of November. The gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason the ..... Oh wait. It's the 18th. Never mind.

Carol and I intend to be there. But, the creeks are indeed rising with all this wicked wet stuff. Arizona is calling to me in my sleep and even more when I am awake.

See you and we will bring items for raffle. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it tonight.
    Is it possible to proxy my vote to someone else? That's what we do in our homeowners association.

I'm not a guy who prays every day but I think the current officers are doing a great job and I said some prayers this morning that they will continue to play a role in these same or different positions a while longer.

One think we don't do in our HOA is say thank you to the people who take these roles, especially year after year...I would really like to express a heartfelt thank you to all the officers and other volunteers that keep this club going.

I'm not quite ready or generally available enough to put my name in the hat for one of these roles yet but I'm sure I will eventually have my chance. I look forward to just being able to get to more meetings some day.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

How did it go?
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

The meeting went well. I think we all had some good things to say and some hard things to say. In the end a motion was floated and voted on to hold the current officer positions as-is for the next year. I'm OK with that. Larry Smith and Gene Smith (the brothers from different mothers) both offered to handle some of the things we've slowly let slip by. Larry will be working on copy for newletters and Gene to get setup with the club email so he can answer email sent to the club.

In addition to discussing officer positions, we all had much to say about what the future of the club should be and how to help give it a reboot. I think it was evident - I know it was coming from me, anyway - that there has been fewer and fewer members doing the things that need to get done. And this is causing some of us to hit burn-out. So we hope to better outline how to better divvy up these jobs and help each other out so it doesn't overburden any one member.

Very soon, after Kenny provides some statistics I need, we'll send an email newsletter to the membership about all of this and other things.

For now, thanks to everyone for your support and you can rest assured the club will be staffed at least one more year!

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"