Thread: 65 hardtop quarter glass

65 hardtop quarter glass

And, another topic.

When picking up my car we noticed the rear quarter window would not go down all the way. It would stop about 1/2 way similar to modern cars with their safety feature on rear windows and not going down all the way.

My dad took it to a body shop and they found a bracket that was impeding the window from going all the way down. They were able to work it so the window would go down another inch and a half or so. They cannot get it to go down all the way because if they remove the bracket he said the window will not stop properly.

Anyone know what this is? Of course, they've buttoned it back up so I don't have photos. My brother's '65 quarter glass goes all the way down. And, on my car they did when I sold it before the restoration. The only thing I can think is the bracket was added during the restoration. The shop didn't think anything was installed backward.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

65 hardtop quarter glass

I have the 64 hardtop and your window is supposed to go all the way down. When we were in Reno for Hot August Nights a couple of years ago, my brother and his wife were in the back riding during the parade. The R/H rear window wouldn't go down. I found that one of the interior side panel screws was about an 1/8" too long and the window metal trim was catching on that screw. Not sure it has anything to do with your problem, but it definitely should go down all the way. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Hopefully we'll be able to tear into both of ours side by side here in a couple of weeks to see why your bracket is stopping the window half way. Not encouraging when the body man is scratching his head why it is being stopped like it is. Pretty sure we can figure it out having them both side-by-side.