Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greenwood Car Show (Sat June 26th)

Greenwood Car Show (Sat June 26th)

This is late notice or maybe a reminder that the Greenwood show is coming up soon. I hope to see some of you there. It's not too late to register.

http://www.greenwoodcarshow.com/
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I'm preregistered and will be there fairly early. If we want to meet in the zoo parking lot as we've done before, I'm game.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Greenwood Car Show (Sat

I am planning on going to the show. I am going to miss having my car ready by about 1 month, I think. Sure wish I was done so I could take it.

You guys meeting in the zoo parking lot makes a lot of sense. LOL Kidding. Hope to see you there. Larry

My Falcon has no carpet out and is getting ready to have the drivetrain yanked now that I have a spare car. So it's not really looking show ready so I'll be on the Honda. I haven't pre-registered so I'll play it by ear.

That's assuming it's running OK. I replaced the points with an electronic ignition this weekend (thanks to Jeff for the help) and have just started it up once. Still need to adjust timing and take it for a test spin.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Oh yea...Are we meeting at 7:00 again?

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Chris and I aren't sure if we'll be able to go on Saturday or not, but if we do, what Zoo lot will you be meeting in? Do you have to pre register, or can it be done there? Thanks.

We will be meeting in the South zoo lot at 7:00AM. We can drive over as a group. The South lot is at the top of Fremont.

You don't need to pre-register but you may be turned away if they are full. I suspect that if you go in with us at 7AM it will be fine.
    Patrick Brown

Inevitably we end up having to split up again once we get to the show entrance since they split the lines into 3; A-L M-Z and unregistered. Pat and Kenny are in the A-L lane and I'm in the M-Z lane. We try to park just south of 85, but they keep adding more and more vendors which has been pushing us up towards 80th on the west side of the street so if it does get really sunny, we have the afternoon shade.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I only need 1/2 a space!

I put my registration in the mailbox outside the Greenwood Post Office yesterday morning on the way to work and they said it just needed to arrive by tomorrow. I hope it makes it!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

The first in should grab as many spaces as needed and block them with chairs, toolboxes, or anything.

I send mine in Monday morning - late as usual.

I need to find some time to do a little cleanup on the car.
    Patrick Brown

I should have taken more pictures -

"Any color you want, as long as you want white"
    - Henry Ford Jr

"200 mile range... 65 MPH... $3,000... watching this guy parallel park - priceless."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice day for a car show! Cool and cloudy in the morning and the sun came out just as our side of the street was getting the shade! Lots of nice cars too. I never got north of 85th though. It looked so crowded that you could hardly walk.

I think I got a little too much sun. My face matches my Falcon now!

Great to see everyone again!!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Yeah, great day to sit and watch people walk by.

Clearly the show has gotten too big for its own good. I don't know about you, but I thought I was coming to a car show, not a home show. Everything from Penguin Windows and gutter suppliers taking up 3 or 4 blocks and not many had anything to do with cars, or food?

Suffice it to say, with this growth the organization left a bit to be desired as well. It was a slight amount of chaos getting the cars in and get everyone their stuff. I had to walk back up when I realized they had goody bags and I hadn't been given one.

I think we thought we were getting there plenty early enough, as well, but by the time we arrived at 7AM, the show was almost full. As you see from Jeff's photos we we in front of Ken's market, which was (I think) new territory for the show. I think they added 10 or 20 more city blocks this year. May have to get there at 5AM next year.

The highlight of the day, and I think Patrick might agree, was a toss-up between the "aerospace engineer" who was completely over-the-top in his fascination with the little strap I had on my wagon holding up the heater hoses (and a few other things) -- or the guy with the Audi W12 who painted this car with silver metal-flake with huge-looking flakes. The car looked totally textured and everyone wanted to touch it. He allowed us to do so as long as we used our pinky finger and stroked it in only one direction widthwise across the car. I didn't look closely at Jeff's picture of our Falcons, but it was only two cars away. Certainly not a nice look... to me, anyway.

Overall, though, it was pretty fun. Way too much entertainment.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"