Thread: 65 battery apron in a 62

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

65 battery apron in a 62

I did a search for battery apron and came up dry. My question is; has anyone attempted to put a 64/65 falcon battery apron in a 60-63 falcon? I have already removed the 62 apron and aquired one from a 65 however they are slightly dissimilar. It doesn't appear to be that big of a chore but if someone has pulled this off it would be nice to see how you went about it.

What is a battery apron?
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

The apron is the part that sits in front of the shock tower that has the battery space allocated to it. The 60-63 cars have the battery sticking long-ways fore/aft and the battery sits lots into the engine compartment (don't have a picture), but the 65/65 have it long-way going left/right and inset into the wheel well a little. Less crowded in the engine compartment.

As for putting one in the other will just require some fabrication work, but shouldn't be too hard.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"