Thread: Wing Windows

Wing Windows

Here's another fine mess I got myself into. I need to send the wing window chrome out to get replated. Has anyone ever taken these apart for plating? I removed the windows, the rotten rubber seals, but the long vertical pieces with the fuzzies where the main windows slide have to be removed. It appears these are held in place with 2 rivets and the one screw that I removed at the top end. Also there is a small metal piece at the top that is held in with a countersunk rivet. Haven't had this much fun since the hogs ate my little brother. Attaching pictures. Any input on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think if you look these parts are available with the replacement rivits. The rivet tool sells for about $80 in Dearborn's catalog as I recall, but I've used a center punch to start the flare of the rivet followed by a drift punch to flatten it with great success before.

But yeah, basically you just have to drill all the rivets and plan to replace the parts you can get, like the division bars and seals, and refurbish/recreate those you can't, like any little brackets.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"