Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taillight gas cap?

Taillight gas cap?

I have a '62 RANCHERO that I tried to put the taillight on a hinge for the gas filler.I could not figure out a hinge.I seen here that someone did this. I seen a picture but it was small and couldn't see the hinge.Does anyone know who owns the car and get more pictures.Thanks for any and all help! Ken N.

I pulled that picture from a site some time ago. I think it was a poor scan from a magazine article. Unfortunatly the resolution was low. I spent some time searching again and couldn't find the same site. The car was located in Australia.

Jeff thanks so much.I appriciate the effort.I have some aussie sites .I have a 250 cross flow in my RANCHERO.Thanks again Ken N.

My concern with the tail light option on my wagon is the level of the "new" spout in the tail light is the same as the original level. I'm thinking I am going with the Jaguar cap on the top of the fender.

Step by step here:

http://www.rickwrench.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thats ok but I like the shaved look and this cap is chrome may be for me if there was a fuel door on top the fender because as you menchened, if they were easier to fill this would be great.Thanks Ken N.

This is an option I found on the TFFN. It may be fine for your Ranchero to put it inside the bed, not such a hot idea for a wagon.

I haven't finished it yet but I have the filler on the bottom hole.Cut the panel so one side is stationary .And the other end it's like a gas lid.I have an extra set of panels. Just got to finish the details.But wanted it behind the tail light.Thanks Ken N. I belong to TFFN and have seen this one before.

Okay - Kenny and I (mostly Kenny) did some surgery on the wagon. We copied RickWrench's idea and used the Jaguar XJ6 cap.

I really appreciated Rick's postings - why reinvent the wheel.

Now I just need to connect the new cap to the tank. The tank is 1/2 full now so no rush

Another weekend of getting the car naked and it's ready for the paint shop. We were able to remove all the glass without any mishaps.
    Last edited by Jeff W; October 19th, 2010 at 10:26 PM.

No fair - you guys out there having all that fun...

Looks great Jeff. Great work too Kenny.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"