Thread: Spring Newsletter

Spring Newsletter

Hey all,

Just wanted to offer my apologies for not having the newsletter done yet. It has been absolutely nuts for me the past few months.

I'm about 1/2 done with it, but it just takes so many hours to do. I'll get it done though. And I hope to find some break in the action so I can start the next one almost as soon as I get this one done.

Oh, and we should post the 3rd newsletter to the web site as well. I tried to send someone to it (re: the Scarebird article), but found it wasn't posted yet.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; April 25th, 2007 at 12:29 PM. Reason: brain fart
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger, No apologies needed. We all really appreciate your time in putting this thing together. It would probably be easier if you had more input from the rest of us.

Take your time, Roger, and if necessary make it the spring/summer issue and give yourself a few months off until the next one. Thanks for all your efforts.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

I don't want to treat this like something I don't have to commit to -- that's why I'm in this club. I want it to flourish and if I can, in my own insignificant way help that along, then I want to give it 100%. My problem is I spread myself too thin sometimes (most of the time).

To answer Jeff, it's too easy to say I don't need to do anything to help, or I don't need to be involved all that much, but people, this club needs action to survive. I don't think I need to remind you all what happens to a pond that has no inlet or outlet. Clubs are the same way.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    I want to give it 100%. My problem is I spread myself too thin sometimes (most of the time).
    Roger,

we all appreciate your efforts on the newsletter and I applaud your dedication. We need more active members in the club to spread the duties around, and it's going to take time. I've spread myself too thin this spring and some things have become less enjoyable, so I've dropped them. I'm not suggesting you do that, I'm just saying that if you work too hard, it won't be fun anymore and what's the point of that? You can still apply yourself 100% but do fewer newsletters Just my $.02
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

I would like to help

I would love to be more envolved and help in any way I can. The only problem I have is I work and reside in the south end (Renton). With that said I don't know how I could help, if you have any idea let me know.
    Darren
    1948 Chev Sedan Delivery
    2006 Honda Element(Wifes taxi)
    1990 Dodge Cummins PU (350,000 miles strong)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

One easy way to help would be in submissions of data. Information on your car with photo's for the Member's Ride section (and as I told Thor, it doesn't need to be a show car). Idea's, like the one Thor did last issue regarding "rare birds" was nice to have as well. Be creative. Some nights I sit at the computer and draw a total blank (brain's a bit fried anyway, but that's a different issue ). Anyway, with computers and mail, there's no distance too great.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"