Need some advice from the board of advisors...
I am trying to get the brakes back on the rear axle and had hoped to get the rear axle back on the car today...but I ran into a couple concerns:

1) I'm installing a new spring/hardware kit. The new spring that goes between the bottom of the two pads is the green one in the pictures. The new green one is longer than the previous one and appears to obviously mount to a different hole on one side. Comparison.jpg I thought...wow, someone came up with a new spring arrangement and make this spring now MUCH easier to put on then the old one??....but did I put it on correctly?? (See the new spring pic..) It looks like the only way that makes sense to me- and the tension seems right... unless this is just the wrong spring.
NewSpring.jpg

2) I installed a new parking brake cable...but WOW there is a lot of spring tension. You can see it's bulged out a bit in the pic I named ParkingBrakeTension..it's right above the green spring. It was difficult to install.
ParkBrakeSpringLen.jpg
ParkingBrakeTension.jpg

(Unfortunately- I made the rookie mistake of throwing the old one away a while ago...I thought I checked and made sure it was the same, but now I'm questioning.) It seems like this much spring tension will make it quite difficult to pull the brake. I remember someone at one of the meetings had this problem...and I'm just thinking....humm...maybe this was the problem? OR, is this normal and it will be just fine after I get the cable hooked back up to the car?

Thanks for any help in advance!!