Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mini Regional

When is the next meeting? Maybe I can drive the delivery over?
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Guys, I'm happy to help on this where I can. Gant charts, marketing, phone calls, or feel free to ask.
    My travel schedule is already filling up however, so getting the date set is key for me.
    FYI, I have been to a show at Griots in Tacoma (mentioned below) It's not a bad location, it's about the right size for us, easy to get to, the show had great traffic, their store benefits from the traffic so it should be free space, plenty of restaurants around too, and of course lots to do and places to stay for out of towers.
    Happy to participate at the next planning meeting if my schedule allows.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Weds., March 19th is the next meeting. A good portion of this meeting will be about the mini-regional. If you're interested in contributing we encourage you to attend.

Griot's Garage does look like a nice place to hold the event if we can swing it. According to their website calendar, things are already filling up so we should decide as soon as we can.

One thing Monte mentioned was partnering with another event. I notice the All Ford and Mustang Roundup is scheduled for Sunday, August 10. Depending on their estimated attendance, maybe we could reserve 30-50 spots for our show? But I'm guessing it's a popular show and could fill up even without us.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I will be working out of state most of the time so I will not be much help. I am making a few cool raffle prizes to donate.

Just a few ides for locations. Des Moines marina has a farmers market on saterdays. Several food trucks show up and they have public restrooms. Also a nice view of the sound and a park for kids to play. I can ask my girl to look into it.

I was also thinking it would be cool if we could get out of the city down towards MT Rainer being we are the Rainier chapter. Some place Like Elbe, Ashford, Packwood, or Eatonville.

1965 Hardtop, 289, Top loader, Torino power disk brakes, Tilt steering, 2 speed int wipers

Mike Spears

If anyone wants me to check out the Des Moines marina area as a possibility, I work 5 min from there, so I could easily drop by the office check it out at lunch. Just let me know.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

I looked into the possibility of the Museum of Flight. You can rent the parking lot (only part of it, I'm sure...), but it's a bit steep. $1.5k. However, that includes museum admission....

The Mazda club my son used to belong to once had a big picnic at Macdonald Park (no relation...) in Carnation. They've got a big barn/picnic shelter with quite a bit of parking around it. I couldn't find any details on-line, but I'll make some inquires if y'all think it's worth a try.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

something to concider

I manage Paradise Bowl in South Tacoma. We could do an event in second part of August. Maybe include a run from there to Yelm, Roy, Elbe, Eatonville, Graham and back to the bowling center in Parkland. I figure no cost for parking lot. Some people will eat there or entertain their families while there.
    We are hosting a bike rally on the 22nd of this month. Come visit and see what you think.

Sorry I could not make the meeting the other night. I'm
    Working out of state a lot. I will not be much help
    for the mini show but I can donate my home made falcon gear shift knobs if you guys like them. I'm making a ranchero knob to donate next.

image.jpg

1965 Hardtop, 289, Top loader, Torino power disk brakes, Tilt steering, 2 speed int wipers

Mike Spears

don b - Thanks for the offer of using your premises for our show. I may be cruising down with another member to check out a few other places this weekend and we will swing by.

Voodoofalcon - That's a very cool knob. We would love to get one for the fundraising raffle. We appreciate the support. Keep an eye on this thread and when it gets closer to the date we can make arrangements.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    don b - Thanks for the offer of using your premises for our show. I may be cruising down with another member to check out a few other places this weekend and we will swing by.

Voodoofalcon - That's a very cool knob. We would love to get one for the f
    undraising raffle. We appreciate the support. Keep an eye on this thread and when it gets closer to the date we can make arrangements.
    Redfalken, I should be there until about 4pm today just ask at the front counter!!

2014 Mini Regional

My brother and I went to the drag races in Phoenix yesterday and it was fantastic. They also had a car show there at the same time and I talked to the folks who were selling the food. They were in a truck that supplied great food and drinks and they told me that they cover car shows also in the Phoenix/Tucson area. I asked what they charge to cater to the shows and they said it depends on how many people come. They never charge more than $250.
    Also, we have been to 6 car shows now in the last month. Most were at churches that made access to restrooms easy, food was either catered by a truck or cooked by the good folks there.
    It seems we have multitudes of locations to hold the meet and the churches seem really happy to have them. They get some financial benefits from holding the shows for special church activities also.
    Just throwing more ideas out there.
    Miss being there to help and I am sick that I couldn't figure out a way to bring my Falcon down here. The car shows are everywhere each weekend and my brother has won trophies at each show so far. His 64 Fairlane thunderbolt clone is looking great. Will see you all in May sometime. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Thanks Larry - that is probably a very good idea. Being a Falcon/Comet only show, it may not strike the "oh-ah" interest of some locations - even Churches - as it would be if it were an all-makes car show. But you never know until you look around and ask.

I know we couldn't afford a catered food wagon as this being a mini-regional, which is why the location having local food to choose from is a good part of the current plan. But maybe some operate solely on sales alone?

We're awaiting a report, if any, from Kenny on his travels this weekend, if he made them. We'll proceed from there.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"