Thread: 1964 Tire sizes

1964 Tire sizes

Have '64 Futura V8 car, T10. Looking to put wheels and tires on it. Been reading on different sites, lots of different ideas. I still have the 8" in the rear. One site mentions that cutting 1/2" off each allows 15" x 8 1/2". Any idea? Also would like some input on ride height? Changing leaf springs?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 84racer; September 28th, 2016 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Add picture

I can't speak to the various sizes, but you might find that the cost difference from just getting offset wheels to fit that rear-end versus narrowing it is similar. I don't know, but worth comparing the costs. You will have the same space in the wheel well either way unless you tub it too.

Cutting or trying to roll under the the pinch-weld in the rear flare is also going to gain you a little, and less likely shred the side of the tires.

Leaf springs are also a side restriction, but they will not be easily moved inward without a lot of fabrication. Might as well do a 4-link if you are considering that.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"