Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

Well if my comment offended Roger or anyone else i apologize.

I keep my comments to myself.

I'll let myself out now.
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

If we are really talking about Roger getting old, then that makes me really really feel old right now. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

No offence taken here at all...

I am getting old and cranky - even if I make the rest of you look even older and crankier!

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

T5 coming soon...

I know... long dead post.

After quite a while of "hating" the changes I made to the Ranchero when I added the 3.25 trac-loc rear (previously was 2.79 open diff) I have opted to go to a the Modern Driveline T5 instead of the C4 automagic. It's on order and should arrive sometime this week.

I ordered the rear-shift version as opposed to the S10 forward-shift version. I already have a largish hole towards the rear where the B&M Gate shifter went through the floor. I saw a couple pictures of a T5 in this location and think I'll like it better, but it does require some tunnel modififications. I'll be fabricating my own hydraulic clutch setup for it as well as I couldn't swallow the $500 dollar setup. The S10 version was also about a $750 upcharge, so I widdled it down quite a bit. You can get a lot of hydraulic kits on RockAuto for about $25 (for both M/C and slave!) if fabrication doesn't scare you, which it doesn't me.

It's a planned deep-winter project, but keep an eye out for my progress. I expect it to make this car something I enjoy driving more - as opposed to the not so enjoyable experience I'm having with it now.

Not my parts, but I'm getting all of this:

sb_kit.jpg
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

Very cool. Let me know if you need a hand installing. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Count me IN for helpin' any way I can.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Wondering how many people you can fit under a Falcon...

I'll try to arrange this for when someone can assist. Of course I know I won't be able to keep Gene away - and why would I - but it's always great to share the joy with as many wanting to receive it.

Tracking says it is coming (shipping it to work) tomorrow, but I don't plan to dig into it (much) for a a couple more weeks. Initially it will be getting the car up high, and pulling the C4. Gene already helped me once doing that when it was determined I had the 50 oz flywheel. So he's the expert there. Then I'll be doing all the measurements for what tunnel modifications are needed. I know the cross-member brace needs to be cut where the shifter goes through the floor, so I'll do that before trying to lift it up.

Going to be a fun winter.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Quote Originally Posted by SmithKid View Post
    Count me IN for helpin' any way I can.
    I don't have much for mechanical expertise - but, heck if I can swing it I'd love to be there to watch and learn and do grunt work
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Cut, did I here someone say cut??

I think I can make room for three to four under the car with my special skills!
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Christmas in October

Everything arrived, but have not cracked it open. Will do so when I get it all home.

T5bits.jpg

Found it interesting to see on the end of the big box "Made in Mexico." Maybe we do need a wall.

mexico.jpg

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"