Thread: Just for fun contest

Just for fun contest

Ok, I have the bird on the rotisserie, and am scraping the bottom end. Kenny made a statement about how much dirt would be on the bottom so here we go!

How many pounds of combined dirt and undercoating do you think will come off the bottom of the car.

The contents are placed in a QFC paper grocery bag and weighed. The winner will be to the nearest 1/2 pound. The prize is the honor (or the bag of undercoating if desire)
    I have not quite finished the bottom but am getting close so start the chatter! Ak
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Alsprint; July 4th, 2007 at 10:30 PM.
    63 1/2 Sprint

Very interesting. Well let's see if "first thought, best thought" really holds true. The first thing that popped into my head was 23 lbs. so I'm going with that. I'm probably low???

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

3-1/2 pounds if you don't count the rusted panels removed...

my first thought was 12lbs, looks pretty clean under there

I say 16 pounds
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Okay, okay...I'll play!
    14 pounds.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Thumbs up And The Winner Is!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BillP 98201 View Post
    I say 16 pounds

Congrats Bill!!!! it is 16 pounds of lovely black tar undercoating that was removed from the bottom side! Did you want the bag of undercoat as the prize or is the title of winner enough? Thanks for playing!

I will keep you all updated as to the progress. I am going to assemble the blasting booth around it and hit it as soon as I clean the undercoating off the inside quarter panels....
    Thanks again to Larry for selling me the rotisserie uppers and blasting booth, and to Kenny for the metal for the center of the rotisserie! It's great and appreciated when members help members! Al
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Alsprint; July 11th, 2007 at 08:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    63 1/2 Sprint

Title sounds good to me................

Wow thats lots of scraping
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Looks solid Al! Good job. I'll bet having it flipped on it's side made things a bit easier. Still lots of work though.

Some day I'd like to do the same to mine. Are you planning on a fresh coat of undercoating?

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

You should get it to bare metal and put a coat of epoxy on. Then add undercoating.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

And as I mentioned to you previously via email -- weld up some sub-frame connectors for it! Stiffen that baby up. I'll help fabricate them for you!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"