Thread: Greeting from the West Sound

Greeting from the West Sound

In 1966 I learned to drive in a 61 Falcon sedan and thru the years have owned several Falcons. Last summer I bought a 62 Ranchero in ery good condition. I had been thru a lot of sheet metal replacement (floors and front frame). 170 I-6 and 4 speed which while a decent combo, I'm at an age where I want a hotrod. I have a 71 302, with dual-plane 4 bbl intake, mild cam, headers and HEI distributor. Backing it up with a 4-speed toploader, posi rear and Mustang suspension.

I have 2 small fiberglass camping trailers that I want to tow. OK, I know this is overkill but as I said, I want a hotrod!

Greetings! Looks like a nice ride. Is the engine/drive-train installed at this point, or upcoming in the near future? Keep us posted with pics as your projects commence. We're always interested. Also feel free to join us at our bi-monthly meetings. We often have "tech days" as well and these are always a welcome addition to our meetings.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Presently it has a 170 I-6 with Dagehiem 4 speed. BTW, it will get repainted to Sierra Blue when complete.

Another ?; do we include Econolines on here as my next project is a 64 E103 pickup.

Falcon is a falcon. I have a sedan delivery and a 63 van. Brian has a van but as far as I know we have no pickups yet.
    Welcome and nice ranchero I have soft spot for the round bodies.

I do have to say, having seen this for the first time today, that somebody really wanted that Ranchero to feel like a truck. I think this is the first Ranchero I've seen with full-size style truck mirrors!

Nice to see Ranchero's on the road though, in any form, since so many have rotted away. How's the bed compartment in yours?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"