Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: April 24, 2010 Tech Day

April 24, 2010 Tech Day

Hey All, We're going to have a tech day this next weekend. There will be no meeting this coming Wednesday. Sorry for the short notice, but it took a lot of arranging to get all the pieces to come together.

As the last two tech days have been, this one will again be held at Gene's place in Everett (SmithKid). He's got a nice flat driveway and space inside a garage if the weather goes haywire.

Most of the work planned for this day is to do some front-end work on Jon's 68 Falcon... and of course we ought to do a little work on Gene's car too.

Here's the directions and address to Gene's:

Gene (SmithKid's) house is located at 7923 W. Glen Dr. in Everett.

From I-5 take the Hiway 526 exit (toward Everett Boeing plant)

Take the next exit to Evergreen Way & go North

Immediately move to the Left hand lane and turn Left on 79th

After 1 block, 79th turns Right onto Beverly. While still in that turn take the left turn lane onto Barbara Lane.

Barbara Ln. drops you onto an elongated circle. The house is on the West side of the circle on the East side of the street.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I really appreciate the help getting my bird into a much safer driving state. I'll be able to take my younger daughters for cruises then and they're pretty excited about that as they LOVE the Falcon.

What time are we starting ? I can bring some burgers or something to throw on the grill too. {let me know on that}

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone again. It bites that I can't attend any meetings until I get switched from swing shift to day shift.
    Jonathon Hass
    Stanwood, WA.
    '68 Falcon Sports Coupe

Oh... I didn't post a time. Hopefully Gene can let us know when he'll be willing to open his doors for us. He's been fishing this week, so I couldn't ask him. In times past, it was around 9AM. He also has veto rights on this meet too since I couldn't follow-up with him just before posting the announcement.

I'll swing by a grab some coffee and donuts before coming and Jon has offered to bring some lunch meats and stuff -- so all we need is a man or woman at each wheel of a car and we'll get 'er done, whatever 'er end up being.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger suggested that I post up concerning what I am trying to get done on my car and the parts I have, etc..

1. Install all new front suspension parts {springs, shocks, control arms, ball joints, sway bar, etc..}

2. Install new rear suspension parts {shocks, bushings, sway bar, etc.. {NOT new leafs}

3. Install new steering parts {steering box, control valve, ram cylinder, hoses, etc...}

4. Electrical issue with dash {no dash lights at night}

5. Gas guage issue {doesn't read right - sending unit ground ?}

6. Install new steering wheel {current PO installed one is too small and blocks speedo visuals}

7. Adjust rockers ? {sounds like 1 is making a "clacking" noise}

I know it's a lot and I don't know if it can all get done in one day or a weekend but regardless, I know I'll sure be appreciative of whatever does get done. I haven't felt safe in giving my kids rides in the bird due to how worn out everything is and they send along their thanks as well as they love taking rides {before I realized just how unsafe the car was} in Dads bird.

Please post up some suggestions for something to munch and I'll make a run to the grocery store prior to arrival at Gene's.

Regards, Jon
    Last edited by 68FalconSC; April 17th, 2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: sp
    Jonathon Hass
    Stanwood, WA.
    '68 Falcon Sports Coupe

I'll be there for a few hours. And...I'm not a picky eater so whatever you get works for me. See you then!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Roger, Jon & All. I am OK with 0900 if that is acceptable to all. If more time is needed to accomplish as much as possible, I would even be OK with 0800. Just let me know and I will make it happen. Jon, whatever you want to bring for eats is fine. I have a BBQ we have used in the past if that is your 'druthers. Kenny, are you bringing the club's plates, etc?

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Gene,
    Thanks very much. I'm thinking about making a crock pot of chili {michigan style-where I grew up} as I recently got the right beans/sauce to use as a starter. Not spicy hot and just enough spice to taste good. Also thinking about burgers, buns and condiments. Maybe a 12 pk of pop or 2

{NAME YOUR FLAVORS NOW!}

Good hearty "turning wrenches" kind of food.
    If we start at 9, I think I might try to get there a little early, if that's ok, so that the car has time to cool down some. Jon
    Jonathon Hass
    Stanwood, WA.
    '68 Falcon Sports Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by SmithKid View Post
    Kenny, are you bringing the club's plates, etc?
    I'll bring them if I can find them. The basements a mess right now! I think I know where they're hiding though.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Should I bring something like soda and some chips?
    1964 Futura: 4-Door Sedan (Bench)
    Paint Color: Wimbledon White
    Engine:170 six(101hp)
    Build Plant: Kansas City, Ks
    DSO: Hawaii
    Build Date:Jul 17, 1964

I vote for a Dr. Pepper or two.

If anyone has front-end tools, we need those. I have a spring compressor only. We'll need a pitman arm puller and a couple different forks to separate ball joints and such.

Jack-stands? Should have 4 of them there at least. Mine are holding up my wagon at the moment...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"