Thread: Ford Picnic - Sunday June 6th, 2010

Ford Picnic - Sunday June 6th, 2010

I'm late to get this thread going. The BCC Ford Picnic is next weekend. Sunday, June 6th.

In the past this get together has been the largest gathering for our Club.

Link to show/picnic below:

http://www.efv8psrg.org/Ford_picnic/ford_picnic.htm

It starts @ 9:00am but we generally meet at the Burger King in the Factoria Mall parking lot for breakfast and then caravan the last mile to the BCC.

$15.00 per car.

Let's say departure from Burger King @ 8:45 come early if you want to grab a bite.

I will be there with my wagon if I can get it running before then (Kenny, thanks in advance). I know it will be tight for Gary (engine swap) and Roger (get your rear in gear... literally), Gene and Jerry (Ummm - we'll take pictures for you).

The great thing about the picnic is all levels of cars are welcome - Trailer Queen, daily driver, rust-o-rod.

All Falcons welcome - you need not be a paying club member to meet up for the caravan (although you won't get a club jacket )

My rear is in gear, but my brakes don't... yet. I doubt I'll have one moment this weekend with what I'm doing, but all I have left is:

1. Bleed the brakes
    2. Adjust the brakes
    3. Put on the rear wheels
    4. Reinstall the radiator hoses
    5. Check for leaks (water and gas, since I have a new fuel line).
    6. Test drive it
    7. Cross fingers

And you're buying us all club jackets? Thanks Jeff!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

So it sounds like you may make it - good, a caravan of one isn't very impressive. Anyone else planning of showing?

Kenny and I will be at the North Pull-a-Part tomorrow (Saturday) around 1:00 (after helping Gary with his exhaust and whatnot) do you want us to pop over and help bleed your brakes.

club jackets - no problem, just click this link:

http://www.cafepress.com/rainierfalcons

Do you need to register before or can it be done the morning of? I looked at the BBC Ford Picnic site and didn't see any info on it.

No need to pre-register for this show. As you drive in, there will be some people to take your money and hand you a dash plaque.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I cannot come this year. Daughter's wedding coming up and desperate need for my presence at home. Freddie is also not in what you might call driveable condition. (Will post details on the Freddie Transplant thread.)

This will be the first Picnic I've missed in 10 years. Y'll have a hootin' time!
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Chris and I plan on going and will meet anyone else who's going at the Burger King about 8:30.

I'll be missing this year. I'm out of town until Tuesday. Take a lot of pictures.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Well... try as I might to get it, and a few other things I had to do all done today, I just came in from the garage and it's still up in the air. And I'm all used up.

I've got about ~2 more hours of stuff and then I can take it on a test drive. If I get up early and can get it rolling, I may find my way over there, but I seriously doubt I'll make the caravan.

I missed the offer to help bleed the brakes as well, but I was gone anyway. I was doing a remodel of a kitchen & bath and wasn't home all last weekend and most of this week doing that -- which is why the car isn't done.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"