Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wagon build

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post

Looks very nice Jeff. So... did OFI take your first-born child in exchange for that stuff? Or just an arm and maybe a leg?

My seats in my wagon were done with OFI stuff, and even after 10 years if smells good in there.
    As you know, I am probably the most frugal person in the club, that's likely why you elected me treasurer. These seats were the same price as the modern replacements I have seen at other Falcon vendors... Plus I haven't seen the Steerhead reproduced for premade covers, just bolts that I would have to take somewhere for custom seats. I feel it was a great deal for quality covers from a local guy that will stand behind the product and offer advice on batting and hog ringing.
    Last edited by Jeff W; October 31st, 2011 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Get all that old upholstery off, and bring the frames over here. We could blast them off in an hour or so. Then you could paint them or we could powder them up!?! I have been seeing a lot of seat frames lately. Let me know if I can help. Good luck either way. Looks good too.

My seat frames are pretty clean so a scuff and shoot is probably all they need. I wish you were on this side of the water... you would get tired of me showing up at your door with "small" projects.

I'll likely have a Norton frame and swing arm for you blast and coat next spring so you are not off the hook. I also have a few parts I want you to test your Chrome Powder and Clear Coat on such as some roof rack brackets and tubes, the Norton fenders and some other smalls I'l had my eye on.
    Last edited by Jeff W; October 31st, 2011 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    I feel it was a great deal for quality covers from a local guy that will stand behind the product and offer advice on batting and hog ringing.
    Indeed - this is worth it. And glad to hear you still have all your limbs and children.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Plugging away...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real nice Jeff. That steer-head pattern is almost hypnotic.

I'm bringing that hose for your Jag cap tomorrow. It worked well on mine. Hopefully what I have left you can use.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Wagon build

Looking absolutely fabulous. Can't wait to see it Jeff. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

New 1-1/4" foam in the bottom seat and two layers of thin batting over the original cotton and burlap. The old foam was bad shape and removed.

All the metal sanded and painted. There is a lot of surface to cover.

I think they look great and will look even better after a few full days in the hot sun.

Now I tackle the front.

jw
    Attached Images Attached Images

I agree. They look great!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Very nice Jeff!

Say... those chains under the seat... are those my missing chains by chance?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"