Thread: New kid on the block

New kid on the block

Hello all. I just recently entered the land of Falcon ownership. I bought a 61 2door in september 2010. I bought it in pretty good condition, with a fairly new rebuild on the motor, although it's running a bit rough. I had a father who rebuilt cars in my youth, and hence my love of older vehicles. I don't know jack about engines, and mostly hope to find good advice here to keep "Miles" running as my daily driver, as well as over the years slowly do what I can to restore him. I'm very impressed at the level of restoration and knowledge of everyone and their automobiles here!

Nice ride Joe.... These guys here are great. I have been around for about a years and they have helped me tremendously. Hopefully I can return the favor if and when they need help.... Welcome Steve...

Sweet car! I think that grille is the best shape of all the Falcon years. Looks like the paint is pretty good, too. Hope to see it in person sometime.
    If it's running, take it apart and see why.

Welcome and nice ride! I love that trim package where the stainless follows the edge of the concave on the sides and around the tailights! Wish they made it for the `62s.

One thing you might consider is an electronic ignition if it still has points. This will minimize the time it takes to keep it running good as a daily driver. Especially if you're not to experienced with engine work. A Pertronix ignition is a pretty cheap option and a good shop should be able to install it pretty quick. Or I prefer the Durspark system but that distributor may not fit in your engine block if it's original.

And if you don't plan on converting it over to a V-8 sleeper, the straight six parts are still pretty cheap. And I still see "recently rebuilt" sixes on craigslist fairly often.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)