Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech Day April 16th, 2011

Tech Day April 16th, 2011

Hey all,

Just a quick note to let all who can come to please converge on Gene's car on April 16th. He's been given the green light from his boss and he's looking forward to getting some help.

This tech day was planned at the last meeting without Gene's knowledge and this is a day to be devoted to just his car. He's gracefully supplied us his driveway on a couple occasions and we'd like to show our appreciation by giving his car a good day's presents or presence - how ever you want to look at it.

Gene can please do the honors of posting the address and directions and time we can show up. He also will have his parts and to-do's all situated to get as much done as possible.

Come one come all.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger & All,

I very much appreciatte your willingness to come work on my car with me. Vel, too (my Wife). As a matter of fact, she says she will provide lunch for all of us (maybe subs, she's not sure yet), and I will provide donuts for our breaks, and also cold soft drinks. There'll also be coffee available.

Sort of a list of what's left to be done:
    Put dash back together: install guages, controls and trim.
    Put doors back together: door panels, etc.
    Modify gas filler to inside of bed and PERMANENTLY mount original cap.
    Install external brightwork clips and trim.
    Reinstall seat and belts.

As for address and driving instructions:
    7923 W. Glen Dr.
    Everett, WA

Take exit 526 from I-5, then 1st exit to Evergreen Way.
    N on Evergreen Way for 1 block.
    W on 79th for 1 block until it curves N onto Beverly.
    During the curve to Beverly,use L turn lane to Barbara Ln.
    Barbara is 1 block long and ends on E Glen Drive.
    Follow either direction to W. Glen Drive.
    My home is on E side of W. Glen Drive.

I'm REALLY looking forward to having you all here again. I should be driving my car again soon!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

The 16th???? Maybe I should come over for this one? Let me see if I can do it. Maybe bring parts for the swap meet too??

Love to have you here, Steve. But..... PLEASE don't bring your sawzall!! I've seen what you do to Rancheros!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I'll swing by for part of the day. I'm on vacation for a week after that so I need to get some chores done around the house too.

But always glad to help out. Gotta get that beast to a few shows this year!!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

So what are we planning to do? Interior? Engine?
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Sawzall?

LOL Gene. Steve and Roger playing dueling sawzalls was quite the memory. I have to work, but will try and stop by.
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Well if I can make it over I promise no sawzall. Besides it is easier to carry my grinder and cut off wheels!?!

Quote Originally Posted by pbrown View Post
    So what are we planning to do? Interior? Engine?
    Gene put a list together up-top there of some of the things he's needing done. But a day of anything I'm sure will be a big help.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"