Thread: Has my car for a while now...

Has my car for a while now...

But I just discovered this forum! Name's Karsten, I bought and fixed up the car as a gift to my best friend for his wedding a few years ago. His mom had one named "Rosie" when we used to ride around in as kids so I thought it might be a fun getaway vehicle for their wedding.
    It's a base sedan, 1963, still has the original 144ci lump and three-on-the-tree.

When I started -

I did basically all the work myself with a little help from some friends, including the body work and paint. Went with this article for the inspiration for a low budget but still good from 10 feet away paint job.

(The body work which really was minor still tool up about 90% of my time in fixing it up)

The finished product (minus the mag wheels I added)

A friend patterned the seat cover and made a new front seat cover for me... was never able to get him to finish the rear seat cover sadly.

Hadn't put the door handle/window crank on yet when I snapped this.

The plan was to sell her right after she had served her purpose for their wedding... that was back in 2008... it's been hard to let her go especially after putting all the labor into fixing things up

Sweet survivor! You did a great job cleaning it up. Welcome, and hope to see you drive her to a show or meeting soon.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"