Thread: New to this Falcon /Ranchero thing

New to this Falcon /Ranchero thing

I recently purchased a 65 ranchero I think Its a pretty nice truck that previous owner spent a fortune on
    Its so far from stock I hope it doesnt insult some of you
    I have a couple questions if your inclined to chime in
    I need to remove the late model buckets and arange seating for a third person Does anyone know of a sweet late model seat that fits in there nice Maybe a ranger or explorer or ?
    Also how often does the Seattle chapter meet?
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

You'll not insult most of us. Maybe one or two.

If you want a seat that fits, the stock bench seat will. I've got one (needs to be upholstered) you can have for free if you want it. Pulled it out of my 63 Ranchero. I don't think it's a 63 seat, but it was the one that was in there. Otherwise you'll need to hit the wreckers and see what you like. Anything you get that isn't stock will require some adaptation no matter what you buy, so measure the width and heights and go see what's out there. My guess is the buckets you have, if stock, will earn you more than enough to fund a nice set of seats. You'll probably have better luck with a Ranger or a car rather than another pickup. There isn't much room in a Ranchero.

We'd all love to have a look at it. Looks very nice in the picture. We're having our bi-monthly meeting this coming Wednesday at the University BurgerMaster. We'll all start showing up around 6:30-7PM so we start at 7PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Thanks for the quick reply
    Unfortunately I don't think I can make the Burger Master meet up
    I appreciate the seat offer I think I want something more plush with a fold down arm rest in the middle
    I think I can figure out the mounting without to much trouble

I spent about 3 hours reading all the threads and teck. articles. I can tell this club will be a great resource .
    How often do you meet? Is there a set day each month?
    Thanks again and I look forward to checking out your rigs and meeting you all.

Not a problem.

I'm sure with a few measurements in hand you can round up a pretty nice seat in one of the Pick and Pull wrecking yards. I've seen some very plush seats I'd have loved to have snagged - if only I had a car that needed them. You can't beat the pricing. I picked up a pair of very nice buckets for $25 a piece. I think a bench (60/40 or full) are like $50. I've passed up very nice leather seats.

We meet every other month on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, so the next meeting will be January 18th. Same place and time.

If you're out and about on the 4th of December, consider cruising out to the XXX Drive-in in Issaquah. We hope to have a few Falcons out there if the weather isn't too bad.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"