Thread: New to the Falcon family

New to the Falcon family

I would like to say hello. I just bought my first Falcon it is a 65 Sprint hardtop. We also have a 64 Comet and a 65 GT Mustang both going through a full restoration in our garage. I am going to make the Sprint my daily driver during the spring and summer months. Mike

Welcome! Where are you located?

Also, please post some pictures or give us a link.

In the garage:

1964 Falcon Sprint
    powered by: 289 V8 | C4 | 8" rear 3.89
    http://tinyurl.com/kdl9hq2

1964 Fairlane Sports Coupe "K-Code"
    powered by: 289/271HP V8 | 4-spd | 9" rear 3.89
    http://tinyurl.com/kk3cfqc

car pics

Here's some pics of the cars:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Nice! Love that color on the Sprint. The Comet looks pretty complete. Didn't you say you would be doing a full restoration on it along with the Mustang? Also, what city are you in?
    Last edited by 64SprintV8; April 9th, 2012 at 05:08 PM.

In the garage:

1964 Falcon Sprint
    powered by: 289 V8 | C4 | 8" rear 3.89
    http://tinyurl.com/kdl9hq2

1964 Fairlane Sports Coupe "K-Code"
    powered by: 289/271HP V8 | 4-spd | 9" rear 3.89
    http://tinyurl.com/kk3cfqc

I am in Bonney Lake. The pic of the Comet where it is all together is before we started the restoration. My girlfriend and I installed the MII front end and have a 408w that will be installed this summer. The front half of the car was stripped to bare metal and is in primer and almost ready for the paint in the engine compartment as the pic shows. The mustangs front end was also stripped to bare metal and my girlfriend painted it last summer. Every nut and bolt was replaced and eveything is painted or powder coated. The rear of the car is apart and being redone at this time including stripping the trunk and getting the trunk ready for paint. I have a 347 for the mustang that I had on the Dyno last summer at 460HP and 440 ft lbs of torque with only 9.4 to 1 compression. Almost all of the work has been done by myself and my girlfriend. Mike

Awesome work. Love the attention to detail. Welcome and hope to see these as they progress.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"