Thread: Maltby 2012 Car Show

Maltby 2012 Car Show

Just got home from the Maltby Car Show. Enjoyed it, lots of really nice cars and nice people. There were 3 of us there from the club. I am attaching pictures and the last pic is of my "FIRST PLACE FORDS" plaque.

It got a litte damp at the first and at the close. But other than that it was a great day for a car show.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Strawberry Festival car show

Got lucky till 3 o'clock, then the rains came. Nice show though.
    Denny Raymond
    Marysville.
    1964 Falcon
    347 stroker, c-4

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    I am attaching pictures and the last pic is of my "FIRST PLACE FORDS" plaque. .
    Congratulations Larry! The first of many.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

I second that! Congrats, Larry!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Congrats Larry, well deserved. The other Falcons looked great too! Had to work again!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Sorry I couldn't make it out there, but glad a few of you did and good to see Larry getting a well deserved award. I think you'll need a lot of wall space for more of those.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Maltby 2012 Car Show

At the show, the judges came by and asked me to tell them about my car. When they saw my picture book they noticed I made the rotisserie, did all the body work, sand blasted the car, painted it and built the engine myself. When asked if I did everything I said yes, but I wasn't alone. When I explained how much help I got from my brothers and sisters in the Rainiers they really were excited. I mentioned the help my brother gave with engine and interior issues and my fantastic neighbor Randy who without his help the car would never have made it on the road.

But, I want to thank all of you. It is a big and hard task to start and finish a project like this. Kenny, Jeff, Pat, Gary, Bill, Gene, and so many more that I should list. Thanks. But especially, I want to thank Roger. He has helped me so much. Coming over and helping me with tough issues, answering every call and note. Thanks. You are all fantastic and I hope I can help others the way you helped me. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

That's one of the best things about the club. Lots of experience to draw on and always someone to lend a hand or track down a part. I think Falcon owners seem to be do-it-yourselfers for the most part and that always impresses me way more than when someone pays a shop to do the restoration.

Now's the time to relax for awhile and show it off! Awards will follow.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Larry - sorry for the late reply.

We all help who we can where and when we can. I'm just glad I was close enough to you to be able to help on a moments notice.

Your car is unbelievable and deserves many more awards - probably more so because you did do it yourself! Now if only we could get these cars out of the garage long enough between rain showers to show 'em off!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"