Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 FCA Pacific Regional Event

2013 FCA Pacific Regional Event

I received this email a few days ago and wanted to pass it along to everyone. Until we host a regional up here, this is probably as close as we'll get to one. If you've never been, I would recommend it if you're looking to get away for a long weekend. It's probably 12+ hours to Sacramento if you drove non-stop so it's doable if you're up for a long day.

I am pleased to announce that the Sonoma County Falcons for Fun & River City Chapters will host the 2013 FCA Pacific Regional. The tentative date is Saturday, September 28th at the Marriot Hotel in Sacramento (Rancho Cordova). The Theme for the show will be the 50th Anniversary of the Ford Falcon Sprint (1963-2013).

We will soon have information available about a special Falcon Club rate at the Hotel. It will be really important for anybody staying at the Hotel to mention that they are with the Falcon event. We are required to meet a certain minimum of rooms, and we need to get credit for every room night reserved.

The event will begin on Friday afternoon (September 27th) with a cruise planned to a local attraction and restaurant. The main event will be held on Saturday with a show, swap, hospitality room, raffles, and an awards banquet to follow that evening. A no-host breakfast will be held Sunday morning...and then we'll head home.

I wish to thank the Sonoma County and River City Chapters for their willingness and hard work to host this year's show.

There will be much more information to follow, but I just want to get the tentative dates out to you. Sacramento is a is not quite in the middle of Seattle and Los Angeles, but it is close and we hope to see Falcons from all over the Pacific Region. Start your plans for a trip now and get it on the calendar.

Sincerely,
    Al Aiello
    FCA Pacific Regional Director

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I think the wife and I will try to attend this. Take Thursday thru Monday off. This way I can pull a trailer with us incase I find parts. Im willing to haul parts for others. Its a 14 x 7 covered trailer, may even take the Harley with us. Hope to see others there.
    Marion Cain

64 Falcon Futura, Grenada Front Disc
    5 Lug Conversion, 302, Still putting together.

More about my falcon can be found here. Codes and a short video of Stella when I first got here.
    Also here you can find images Here

Question

Too bad its in september.
    Kids have school..

If it were august id go
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

2013 FCA Pacific Regional Event

If I get enought money saved to replace my C4 to the T5, I would like to go to this one. I definitely am going to give it a shot. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Here's an update email received a few days ago:

Hello FCA Pacific Region People,

I have a bit of Falcon news for you.

The hotel contract for the 2013 FCA Pacific Regional Event to be held in Sacramento on September 27-29 has been finalized. The event will be held at the Sacramento Marriott Hotel in Rancho Cordova. Information regarding Registration and the Hotel will be posted by the end of March on www.westcoastfalcons.com.

The Sonoma County, River City and Golden Gate Chapters will host their annual Picnic in Vallejo on May 4th. Information regarding this fun event can be found on www.westcoastfalcons.com.

It is with sadness that I report that Cliff Copren from the River City Chapter recently passed away. Cliff was a long time FCA and River City Chapter member and our condolences go out to his wife (Donna) and his family.

Below is an email from FCA Michael Garrett. He is planning the Falcon Migration to the National in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The Migration has a new twist this year...after the National is held in Tulsa, the Migration will head west connection to Route 66 and will end up at the Santa Monica Pier. So, if any of your members are driving to the Nats this year, you can join a caravan as you head back home to the West.

Please pass this information on to your members as you wish.

Best Regards,

Al Aiello
    FCA Pacific Region Director

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Another update received a few days ago:

Hello Falcon People-

The Sonoma and River City Chapters are hosting the 2013 FCA Pacific Regional this year. The event will be held on September 27-28, at the Sacramento Marriot Hotel in Ranch Cordova. Information (including car and hotel registrations) are now posted to www.westcoastfalcons.com.

You can help the hosting Chapters by telling your members and friends to register early. Please make your hotel reservations asap even if you are not sure that you will attend. Be sure to tell the Marriott that you are with the Falcon Club to get the special rate.

Happy Spring!

Al Aiello

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Received this update on this today, which included a PDF of the registration form, which I also can't attach. You can probably download it from their site.

Hello Falcon People-

I am writing to you about the FCA Pacific Regional Event to be held on September 27-28 at the Sacramento Marriott Hotel in Rancho Cordova, California. I need your assistance to help advertise the event. The registration form for the show was not included in the current issue of the FCA National Falcon Newsletter. We'll hopefully get it in the next issue, but as the summer calendars get filled, we want to make sure that our members and Falcon friends are aware of the Regional Event.

I have attached a copy of the registration form that I ask that you make available to your fellow chapter members and anybody else that is interested in Ford Falcons. Please email, print, and distribute as opportunities arise. The hotel rooms that we have reserved for the event will only be held at the special rate until two weeks before the show. Anybody that is planning to attend the event should make their hotel reservations now. Hotel information is on the registration form, or a special link to the hotel reservations (and other event information) is located on http://www.westcoastfalcons.com/.

I hope everybody is enjoying the summer and letting their Falcons fly!

Regards,

Al Aiello
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"