Thread: I'm a new forum member

I'm a new forum member

Hi, I'm new to the Falcon Forum. Attached is a pic of the front suspension on my 64 2dr hardtop project.
    Attached Images Attached Images

welcome birdy, where did you get all that trick looking stuff? what is the plan for your falcon?...jh

Thanks, I've designed and built all the parts in the pic myself. I've even narrowed the steering rack shown. Missing are the push rods rockers and coil overs that will be mounted inboard. I'm also working on a 3-link for the rear. This weekend I had the axle on the bench and started making up the caliper brackets. The goal is to build a car that's fun to drive and hopefully do some autocross with it and maybe the 341 Challenge in Nevada. I can find some more pics if there's interest.

Thats really nice work, you must have a CNC machine in your garage, and yes more picts would be great...jh

Yup. Welcome! Looks like you have a great project going, there! Beautiful work! Please keep us updated as work progresses.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Thanks again for the welcome. Below are few more pics of some details I've worked up. I scored a real nodular 3rd member with big bearing daytona pinion support a few years ago and finally got the 3-link mounts welded up. I think it came out of a Galaxy. Please pardon the laundry in the background. I have to share the garage. I did the motor mounts in January and they utilize Barry mounts. I'm afraid I don't have a CNC and all the parts have been made on manual machines. My goal is to build this entire car without any CNC work.
    Ed, "BirdyB"

The I machined the steel plate bolted behind the bearing retainer plate. This plate will accept some aluminum arms that extend out to the caliper. I'll make those this weekend and the design allows for some adjustment of the caliper location and fairly easy adaptation in the future to larger brakes or different calipers. The upper control arms I carved out of 2" thick 7075-T6511 plate. They finished at 1.5" thick and took an entire week to cut the pair. They might get two more decorative cuts to clean up the lines a little bit.
    Ed, "BirdyB"

I'm a new forum member

Wow! I thought putting my car together was an undertaking. I can't imagine this kind of expertise. Great work and welcome to the group. Thanks for the pics. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Indeed - what a creation! What you gonna run for a motor in this?

If you ever want to offer a tour, I'm sure a few of us would love to come down and have a field trip day to see this work in person!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"