Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Gardens Meet & Greet - Sun., April 28

Golden Gardens Meet & Greet - Sun., April 28

Last year, after a 4 year hiatus, we met up for a casual gathering at Golden Gardens Park and had a great time.

Spring is time to shake off the wet, cold, dark Northwest winter and go for a cruise, kick tires, discuss car projects, and meet other Falcon fanatics. There are usually a handful of spectators from the park and the marina who stop by to admire the classics. This meet and greet is strictly for car talk.

This years "Golden Gardens Meet & Greet" will be on Sun., April 28 at 10:00. Bring something warm to drink and around noon, those who want to will drive over to the Lockspot Cafe for lunch.

Bring your Falcon if it's running! If not, come down in your daily driver.

Golden Gardens Park
    8498 Seaview Place NW, Seattle
    Large Parking Lot (south of the bathhouse)
    Sun., April 28, 10:00 am
    Lunch to follow

Here are a few photos from last year's event. The weather was great as was the turnout. We hope to see you there this year!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Did you order the same weather we had last year?

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Probably won't get a feel for the weather for a few weeks but we'll hope for the best! Last year was just right!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

OK no car but I am going to try for the drive over... That is on Sunday it looks like on my calendar....

Well...so far Sunday is looking like 30% chance of rain but you just never know. Since I don't live far away I will show up even if it's raining. But all will be forgiven if nobody else does. It's no fun standing around in the rain!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Alas...
    Even though Freddie is up to the trip, I will be on an obligatory family visit in CA that day.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Should have been today!

I'll play it by ear. Have the Comet apart again to do an engine compartment detail, so will not be bringing it, for sure. The wagon is back together and needs a test drive of the new clutch assembly - so I may bring it out if the weather holds.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Is anyone going to watch the icebergs float by at golden gardens tomorrow other than kenny? now they say no rain till late in the day, that will work for me...jh

I'm about 70/30 against going as of today. Not due to weather, but that might be a deal breaker on its own. Just have had too many things to deal with this month (dad dying, trip to CA, jury stuff, Comet project way behind, broke my tooth, day-job work stuff being behind because of all this... and I'm sure a couple others I'm sure I have have forgotten) and the days are just getting lost. As much as I want to go, it may get low priority for this weekend.

I'll post what my ultimate plan turns out to be in the morning.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"