Thread: What the heck?

What the heck?

Hey people. What be goin on? No one even visiting the forum? I don't even have a Falcon and I visit here. What? Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    Hey people. What be goin on? No one even visiting the forum? I don't even have a Falcon and I visit here. What? Larry

Life, Larry.

I've got a car waiting for the engine build to be finished so I can put it in the shop for the winter. I also have my two youngest daughters playing their first year of high school sports. I'm chasing them around.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'm not doing Falcon stuff. Several of us are looking at starting an eastern WA chapter of the FCA so I've passed flyers out to several owners of Falcon's I know of here in Ellensburg and have contacted all members in eastern Washington. The good news is we have enough to charter a chapter and will look to do so within a month or two.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Larry - yeah, sorry for being so distant as well. I'm in the middle of a big move and as I indicated at the meeting I'm sorry I had nothing even prepared for that. It's been a weird year for many of us, so hopefully next year some normality will resume.

By the way, I looked all over for the info on that car and it has somehow gone "poof" amidst my chaos. I know where the car "was" and may fit in a drive to that location soon to see if it is still in the carport.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Whew, me too. I’m not sure I’ve ever worked this hard for so long. Meanwhile my wife was flying back and forth across the company to help her Mom with her Dad who was in home hospice. He finally passed away and at that point it was a blessing. For those of you familiar with high performance ignitions, his name is Jack Priegel and he was the founder of MSD Ignition. He had quite a few patents on ignitions and fuel-air controls. He was quite a guy. A great family man, inventor and business man who had a huge love for helping everyone with their hot rods or anything with a throttle cable for that matter.
    Anyway, the family is all ok.
    Meanwhile- Carole and I expect to be home before Christmas and I look forward to starting the final touches on the falcon.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Here’s Jack Priegel’s obituary for anyone interested.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dig...riegel-7981711
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Man, it IS quiet out there. Earth to falcon club, anybody home?
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Quote Originally Posted by dhbfaster View Post
    Man, it IS quiet out there. Earth to falcon club, anybody home?
    Sorry about your loss Don.

I suspect winter projects haven't started. I have, however, just completed a different project for my other hobby - 1993 Trek mountain bike converted to road bike handlebars, brake levers and shifters.

Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Nice!
    At least somebody is working on something.
    We can call it the falcon bike.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

I been working on stuff, too, just not Falcon stuff. Gotta update my Quandary post, I suppose.

Sorry Don for not seeing this post about Jack's passing. My condolences.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"