Thread: Steering Wheel Spot-On!

Steering Wheel Spot-On!

I have fixed (knock on wood) all the major things and am now able to fix the little things that are probably completely unnecessary.

When driving in a straight line I could see that my steering wheel was turned just a little to the left. It was not a big deal and most people would probably not even notice. But it annoyed me a just a little bit. I had removed and reattached the steering wheel a couple of times before and ended up with the steering wheel being tilted opposite from where it had been before, or maybe a little less tilted, but still tilted one way or the other.

I finally fixed it today.

You may laugh and snicker, you may roll your eyes and your jaw may drop in disbelief, but I had to remove the steering wheel EIGHT TIMES before I got it correct. It would only take maybe five minutes to remove the wheel each time, but then I would test drive it and see that I had over-corrected, or did not re-correct enough, or that I had over-corrected in the other direction, etc., etc. etc.

Steering wheel puller:
    Sreeing wheel puller.jpg

But then it finally ended up perfectly straight. I drove up the center lane of a straight highway and the center spoke of the steering wheel was aligned vertically with no degree of tilt to either left or right. My Falcon is a precision instrument!
    Last edited by ew1usnr; April 19th, 2015 at 07:10 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Steering Wheel Spot-On!

Never even thought about laughing. Just sounds like you are doing everything the right way. Keep it going and thanks for sharing with us. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker