Thread: Replacement Radiator

Replacement Radiator

Hello,

Does anyone have any leads on a good replacement radiator, that doesn't cost a ton, for a 61 with a 6 cylinder engine and automatic trans?

I've tried a cheap aftermarket one which was too thick and a nice aluminum one but it didn't have the right size inlet and outlet holes.

The 3 row radiators seem to be too thick, so I probably need a 2 row. And the the inlet and outlet tubes need to be 1 1/4".

Thanks for any info!

-Andrew

Where do you live?
    Seattle Radiator Works really took great care of mine- super great guys to work with and I believe they have the capability to do about anything to your old one- recore, etc....assuming you still have the old one. Great pricing...they didn't charge me anything!! You might give them a call. Just google them and they should come up...they are on Ohio street.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Don,

Unfortunately I'm not a local. I'm in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I think I may of found a radiator that will work though. It's a replacement 2 row radiator for 64 mustang with a six cylinder. All the measurements seem to check out, as well as the inlet and outlet sizes. Its sold by CalMustang for about 220 plus shipping. I was hoping for something a little cheaper, but I guess the radiator isn't something I should skimp on.

-Andrew

Early Mustang and Falcon parts (to about 1965 Falcon and 1966 Mustang) are often interchangeable. The radiator will be the same up to these years (6's for 6's and V8's for V8's). Falcon changed body style in '66, whereas the Mustang didn't until '67.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"