Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cruises shows

cruises shows

Just curious if any one is going to any shows in the near future. I'm bringing this up because the club really needs to get more active. I know most of you do not have the time or the funds to travel over here to my side for shows, so I'm looking to come over there for a few before winter gets here.
    So post some up and let see what we can do.
    I know this Saturday is the all ford and mustang show at Griots. Sunday is the Port Orchard cruise in where they fill up downtown and close it off for the cruise. Usually 400-600 cars show for this one.
    Also Tuesday afternoon at the siverdale mall is their last cruise in of the year. This one also has 400-600 cars show. Its from 3-6 Tuesday afternoon.
    I have info on a few others as well so if anyone is interested in a road trip let me know, otherwise let me know what you got and lets see if we can get a good club showing at least once this year.
    Don Boggs I know you are all over the place what you got coming up?
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

The only show I may try to make is the Bowen Scarff Mustang and Ford show in Kent, which is the 20th of August. Missed it last year, but it is always a well attended show and has a category just for Falcons. You'd be a shoe-in for a first-place trophy, best guess. Great raffles and free food. Lots of rare Ford cars. The only bummer is the attendee-driven voting, which you have to do to get your free t-shirt, but it does force you out to look at all the cars.

Pre-register here: http://www.bowenscarff.com/

Most of my life is locked-in through the end of September, so it has been very rare to even start a Falcon lately, much less go to a show. So I hope you all make it to more shows than I can make.

Here's a good list to look at, but you can't copy/paste anything from the site. Read-only:

http://www.cruzinmag.com/calendar.html
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; August 11th, 2016 at 10:03 AM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Well I have something scheduled on the 20th but if enough club members chime in and want to go, Ill change my plans.
    I was going to go to forks and run my car down the drag strip so its changeable.
    Who wants to go, or better yet who will go.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Not sure how many I'll get in. Doing a lot of catch up around my place after four months of coaching softball. Tomorrow I'll be at the Kruisin' Kittitas show. Supposedly there's an all Ford show in Spokane on Aug 27 too
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

It's not looking like I'm gonna make any more shows this summer. My time has been preempted by my daughter (twin boys). I did get in a few shows with my car; BCC, the Mini, Ephrata, and a very small owners association show in Coulee City where I took home a small trophy. Got no complaints, it's been a fun year!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

This was received today in the club mailbox. Thought I'd put it here for anyone interested.

Hello,
    My name i’s Derrick Lether and I'’m an officer with Monroe Police Department. I am reaching out to you because I am organizing a car show and airplane show and I would love to have you, your club members and all your vehicles at the show.

The event is called Wings & Wheels and 100% of all the proceeds go directly to benefit Special Olympics WA. Wings & Wheels is happening September 10th 2016 from 10am – 4pm at First Air Field in Monroe (13820 179th Ave SE). There will be judged classes with awards going to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers. The cost to enter your vehicle is only a $10 donation if you register before the show, $20 if you register the day of the event.

It’s a family oriented show that should be a lot of fun. There'’s going to be the car/truck/motorcycle show and shine, airplane show and shine, bouncy houses, food, music, vendors, raffles & giveaways, awards, a beer garden, and a variety of different games and contests.

Entry to the show for spectators is free so we hope to have a good turnout for our first year. We hope to make it an annual thing and try to raise as much money as we can for a wonderful organization.

I really hope you all can make it out. If you have any questions or comments don’t hesitate to email or call me. Thank you again!

Derrick Lether ( mailto:dlether@ci.monroe.wa.us ).

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Did the Kruisin' Kittitas today. My brother ended up not being able to make it and was really frustrated. I ended up being one of two Falcons at the show. The other is a red 64 Sprint from Enumclaw that has been there 3-4 yrs in a row.

I was lucky enough to get a plaque for the best of the 1960's. Was completely surprised as there were some really nice cars there including the GM products (Impalas, El Camino, Camaro) and a really nice 69 Mach 1.

Had a lot of fun for my first show and came home with info about another show in Quincy on September 10.

Having that truck to the right of me (and the boring 85 Trans Am to the right later) helped my car stand out a little more. I did lower the hood after taking the photos.

Scott Zimmerman

Nicely done Scott! Way to represent the Falcons and our group. Hopefully soon we can find a show we can meet at. And nice car by the way!
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Thanks. All credit really needs to go to Lou Grimes of Colfax who really paid attention to detail in restoring the car.
    Scott Zimmerman

Im planning on going to the Bowen Scarff show on the 20th. I think it's one of the best shows of the year !

1965 Hardtop, 289, Top loader, Torino power disk brakes, Tilt steering, 2 speed int wipers

Mike Spears

Bowen Scarff flyer
    image.jpg

1965 Hardtop, 289, Top loader, Torino power disk brakes, Tilt steering, 2 speed int wipers

Mike Spears

I've changed my registration from the Ranchero over to the wagon for the Bowen Scarff show. Make up more sales flyers for it. You never know.

I really like this show as well. You really only get the chance to see some real-honest Ford cars at this show. A lot of Mustangs, since it is a Mustang club show, but a good number of other rare Ford cars show here too. Weather looks almost too good!
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; September 28th, 2016 at 04:33 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"