Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > General Forums > Tech Talk

Old 07-31-2008, 12:32 AM
Paid Chapter Member

Rocker Moulding

Has anyone installed rocker mouldings on a falcon that didn't originally come with the mouldings? If so can you give me some tips on how you attached the clips to the body? Or do you have a picture of what the body looks like where the clips attach? I have a 64 Falcon Futura. Purchased the mouldings and clips from FalconParts.com. Things were going too smooth I guess so I had to come up with something to confuse me. Doing final fits and checks on the doors, hood, trunk etc so should be ready to paint next month if I don't think of another slow me down project. Thanks Larry
Old 07-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Chapter President

Larry,

Have never done them specifically, but could probably help figure it out having done quite a few of many others. I'm in the Mill Creek area myself (Martha Lake neighborhood) so if you want me to run over and have a look, will be glad to do so. Still in headless chicken mode working on my wagon getting it done in time for the regional meet, but could spare and hour one day this weekend if you're open to it.

63 "Flarechero"
powered by: '65 289-V8 | T5 | 8" TracLoc rear

Old 08-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Paid Chapter Member

Rocker Moulding

Thanks very much Roger for coming over and helping me with the rocker mouldings. It just proves that two heads are better than one. Got the holes drilled, temp installed the clips and mouldings. Attaching a few pictures. The first picture shows the two holes for each clip. 5 clips each side. The 2nd picture is the clip installed and the 3rd is the moulding installed. Thanks again. Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5562.jpg (53.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5564.jpg (50.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5565.jpg (111.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Chapter President

Well... 1 and 1/2 heads anyway. I can't believe I have anything close to a full head anymore. But glad it worked out for you Larry.

As I said yesterday, don't hesitate to call if you need a hand with anything. I'll help if and when I can; though I have to admit you've got a pretty efficient setup going on over there. I'm a bit envious.

63 "Flarechero"