Thread: New old member #510

redhed Guest

New old member #510

Hello everyone! My my name is Rod and I have owned Falcons for approx 40 years. Been a lone wolf mostly but have helped many a falcon owner throughout the years, if possible, either by selling my parts very cheap or giving them away in order to complete a project. Live in south sound and there is/was a club but mostly members who liked looking at their cars and not driving them. I hope I can contribute to your Chapter so thanks for allowing me to be a member.....ROD

Hi Ron. Welcome!

It's really great to have someone with all of your experience on the team. And a new supply of spare parts is always nice.

Hope to see you around.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

and a Welcome from above the border
    "Never under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time !!"

Rod,

Welcome back! I don't know many Falcon owners who don't drive their cars every one in a while. But I know a lot of them who can't drive them because they need to just plain get them on the road.

My current vision for the club is similar to how you've lived it -- helping a fellow member get to that stage where their car is safe to drive. Lord knows I've tried where possible to live out the same desire as you.

I'll be honest though, the Northwest is a tough place to get everyone going. It's either too cold to do anything or it's finally warm enough that all those things you couldn't do 'cause it was so cold has to be done! The Falcons seem the lower priority.

I hope to work with everyone who is interested in working with me to revitalize this club chapter (not that Kenny did a bad job, but more that I've been 8-months straight doing what I accused others of having to do and have sort of dropped the ball a little since taking over the reigns). It takes that "C" word to do it.

Right now there is about 5 people who are involved weekly -- in at the very least posting here, but I think once this Regional meet is behind us I'm going to push pretty hard at getting some of that "C" from a few more people. I hope you can join us when we get a little more organized.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"