Thread: New member

oldford63 Guest

Smile New member

I have just registered as a new member and am looking forward to learning about my Falcon from you guys. About a month ago I bought a 1963 4 door Falcon Futura. So far I have installed new motor mounts, shocks, and exhaust hangers. I also put 20 hours in to restoring the grill. I also cleaned and waxed the seats and got the AM radio working with some new connections and a new antena. It plays good but I can hear engine harmonics coming through the speaker. I received my new carpet and kick panels the other day and am planning to install them next weekend. Only my wife has a bunch of company coming for Thanksgiving. We'll see how much I can get away with. This is my first Falcon, what a nice little car. It has a 170 with a 2 speed automatic. I guess you can tell I like talking about cars. Thanks in advance for your help with my project.

Glad you made your way here. Feel free to ask away, we've got a few people here who can offer suggestions.

As for the noise in your radio, check the capacitor attached to the regulator. These helped keep generator noise (Static) to a minimum. Also make sure you've got resistive spark plugs and wires. Hope this helps.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"